Mystery bracket

red rocket

RYpdRaY.jpg

I am intrigued to know what the bracket in the centre of this photo is for (the one with 2 holes and 2 protruding bolts). It's located to the side of the driver's side front top mount.  It doesn't perform any useful purpose. Wonder whether it's designed to hold some piece of kit that my car didn't have? Anyone know?

https://www.flickr.com/gp/154561575@N06/530u18

Not sure if you will be able to see the photo/link above, I have just looked and i haven't got one, the bracket that is.

Mine is a 2007 2.7 987

It would be interesting to find out if it's a oem item that should be attached to it, just to know what i haven't got as an extra.

Just noticed while comparing the two photos, I have something there but not attached to a bracket, and don't ask me what it is that is there I haven't a clue. :huh:  

Guvs.

2018-12-01_03-48-56

1 minute ago, Boxob said:

Comparing to two photos that does look like the missing item. Can a part number be read on it @Guvs ?

Just coming off shift now and it's too dark now anyway, will check it out next time I'm in that area :)

I notice that one small pipe disappearing down that hole to the left I think it's something to do with my PASM could be something to do with that, that's assuming @red rocket hasn't got PASM on his.

5 minutes ago, Guvs said:

I notice that one small pipe disappearing down that hole to the left I think it's something to do with my PASM could be something to do with that, that's assuming @red rocket hasn't got PASM on his.

That makes sense.  Who's got a 987 parts catalogue?

1 hour ago, Guvs said:

Just coming off shift now and it's too dark now anyway, will check it out next time I'm in that area :)

Reckon that’s the same bracket Guvs. I don’t have PASM so you might be right, especially given the pipe which must be going down through to the shock absorber or suspension. Presumably they fit the bracket to all cars ‘just in case’. 

Archived