A possible purchase

Terryrussell1952

Good morning, a couple of quick questions if anyone can help.

I’ve a possible purchase of a 987.2, March 2009 3.4s PDK and wondered if the ‘bore scoring’ is an issue with this model? Also, it is for sale at an independent dealer - am I able to get it Porsche warranted after purchase? Many thanks in advance for any feedback.  Terry

Welcome. 

Bore scoring not a known issue with the 987.2, it has a different engine to the 987.1. 

You can get a Porsche warranty but get a Porsche inspection first as they might warn you to change many parts back to Porsche standard/brand, and if that includes tyres and battery that’s close to the warranty cost already. Personally I wouldn’t bother on a 10 year old car. @Araf might disagree. 

Bore scoring won’t be an issue, I would check the service history as at that age it should have had a PDK service. Not a big deal but quite expensive for a fluid change, also check the last major service it had including plugs and belt etc.

After that I would just check the usual suspension,air con,exhaust leaks,tyres.

I wouldn’t worry about a Porsche warranty, as long as the car is fully serviced and hasn’t got any issues with my check list you should be golden 👍

Double check the pdk fluid change. There are “two” on the schedule. The clutch fluid (they are wet clutches) every 60k / 6 years and the gearbox oil every 120k / 12 years. 

Mine came with a full service history but the pdk fluid hasn’t been done. Some Indy’s are saying don’t bother as are some opc’s. 

Local opc quoted £200 i think I will get it done in the next couple of months just so I know it’s been done. Will probably not notice any difference but it’s on the schedule and in the case of a purchase may give you a little negotiation room. 

Archived