Seat belt removal

Christopher2110

Anyone know of a 'How to" on removing the seat belt from a 986 (want to send it off for a colour change)? Obviously the one bolt is easy to spot but the other seems to be located behind the b pillar? 

Can't imagine you have to but can anyone confirm if its best practise to disconnect the battery before removing?

Chris 

Top tip as I’ve recently done this. The passenger side is very difficult to get back in without scratching the roll over frame. 

I grinded off about 5mm from the locating pin and it was an easy instal. 

Thepin is purely a locating pin to help line up the main anchoring bolt. 

Jon

11 hours ago, Christopher2110 said:

@Saxosim

2002-2004 have pyrotechnics or so the how to states, so yes best to disconnect the battery and leave off and not fiddle with the ignition until they’re reinstalled. Hoping to get it done this week so will let you know how it goes! 

^^^+1 else you'll get the airbag light on.

Following on from disconnecting the battery...

My car lives on the drive under a cover, now I’ve learnt the hard way before that the key needs to be in the ignition and turned one click to stop the alarm going mental, I’ll need to send the belts off to be done so that’ll mean leaving the battery disconnected for a couple of days. So the question is does anyone know if the key can be taken out of the ignition to lock the car without the alarm going off and the neighbours wanting to kill me?

On 2/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, Christopher2110 said:

@Saxosim

2002-2004 have pyrotechnics or so the how to states, so yes best to disconnect the battery and leave off and not fiddle with the ignition until they’re reinstalled. Hoping to get it done this week so will let you know how it goes! 

Thanks that would be good

Archived