Is this replaceable - Part Number - A Pillar trim

JayGee

Does anybody know how to remove the below piece of trim from the a A pillar? It’s like a metal strip covered in rubber that has developed its own camouflage pattern. Don’t want to start pulling on it if there are fasteners involved. Passenger side is fine.

If anyone has the part number that would be great.

thanks

799BB734-0630-4524-ACF9-B935C9FC30FC.jpeg

• 1 year later...

So after many products, from proprietary rubber restorers, trim refresh and oils to IPA (not the beer) nothing would shift it so I decided to have a go and plasticoat it. All taped up decided to wet sand the trim with 3000 grit and did a trial 2 inch patch at the bottom near the mirror. With the lightest of pressure, plenty of lube and a wipe down the trim is black, no camouflage pattern, no sanding marks. Decided to switch to a magic eraser sponge to see if this would work and would you believe it, both a pillar trims back to what looks factory fresh.

Anyone having the same issue, just get a magic eraser or use the ones that may be sitting in the garage for the last 5 years and save a fortune on products that I’m sure will come in handy some day.

Yes this is a replaceable part - had mine replaced last year - think it's riveted on so non-trivial to replace (my receipt for replacement specified a rivet to re-fix it I presume).

mine was going pale on one side of the car - due to sun on that side when I parked it - service guys said it was UV damage to the rubber and not unusual - you can cover it up with various treatments but don't think you can fully permanently restore it - so I went with replacement.

8 hours ago, JayGee said:

Piccies, better than what it was, happy with the outcome.

i know what you mean about taking care about the erasers, but is soooo much better than it was.

👍ordered an eraser to do mine. Will probably go over it with Gummipflege afterwards.

Archived