Zunsport Front Grilles

Truth

On a Guards Red 986......

Anyone got a pic so I can see how it looks please?

Probably having the bumper resprayed soon and I was thinking about getting some put on at the same time????

Cheers

If your removing the bumper just make your own, they look just as good and it leaves your original grill exposed, lots of threads on here detailing thin, I did a few years back and really pleased with the results, the only thing I found is that original plastic grills tend to look a bit scruffy after I painted mine, the grey is starting to show through again, so the Zunnsports will overcome that problem of having to respray your plastic grills every few years, but if you have the later grills they maybe black plastic so you won’t have that problem

Just type into google red Boxster with zunnsport grills, go to images, and scroll down there is a pic of a red 986 with grills installed, it wouldn’t allow me to copy and post the image.

Hi Baron,

I won't be taking the bumper off myself, it will be when i have the bumper sprayed.

Mine aren't the black plastic so will probably bite the bullet and buy some Zunnsports at some point.

Pics aren't great of them on the red Boxster and they have DRL's and other extras but it does give me a feel for it.

Found a discount code for 15% off

13 hours ago, Truth said:

On a Guards Red 986......

Anyone got a pic so I can see how it looks please?

Probably having the bumper resprayed soon and I was thinking about getting some put on at the same time????

Cheers

d9dXL-pqW_HnXJWuAxN6IfLF1KA5BfXIIIowAv40

ignore most of the video but you get to see another angle  :)

eaIaePDqOdxcBZEee-20hzF77NtLjDmgZNudrfW5

m7N0JPh263GuZU5tEBKKmmvUQxNfMHoc9eZv6sA-

6qwxBHT_CCU57VbO8MNrJ1o63v44vuk7rmwLJCVR

Spoy on Southy, just what I was after mate! 👍

Glad you didn't run over the camera 😂

I read you had fitted them without bumper removal, It would probably be the way forward for me IF I put any on before I have the bumper resprayed....

27 minutes ago, Truth said:

Spoy on Southy, just what I was after mate! 👍

Glad you didn't run over the camera 😂

I read you had fitted them without bumper removal, It would probably be the way forward for me IF I put any on before I have the bumper resprayed....

The zunesport grilles fit over the existing ones, they just have clips you bend into place with a screwdriver, very easy.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, Southy said:

d9dXL-pqW_HnXJWuAxN6IfLF1KA5BfXIIIowAv40

ignore most of the video but you get to see another angle  :)

eaIaePDqOdxcBZEee-20hzF77NtLjDmgZNudrfW5

m7N0JPh263GuZU5tEBKKmmvUQxNfMHoc9eZv6sA-

6qwxBHT_CCU57VbO8MNrJ1o63v44vuk7rmwLJCVR

Just ordered .....................I hope they look as good on my 986 as they do on your 987 mate.  ;)

Cheers

3 hours ago, Truth said:

Just ordered .....................I hope they look as good on my 986 as they do on your 987 mate.  ;)

Cheers

They will look exactly like that cos that’s a 986

Oh yes 😂😂

Gen 2 though I take it so won't look exactly like that ? 😉

Think I am right in saying the Gen 2 has the 3 grilles and the Gen 1 has 2 grilles or am I humiliating myself...... again? 😁

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Oh yes 😂😂

Gen 2 though I take it so won't look exactly like that ? 😉

Think I am right in saying the Gen 2 has the 3 grilles and the Gen 1 has 2 grilles or am I humiliating myself...... again? 😁

You clearly have not finished reading the WHOLE site! 3 grilles = S. Now get back to your homework :P

Oh b*ll*cks ! I'll fetch my coat! And I thought I had got myself out of jail a bit then! 🤣

So whats the main difference between a Gen 1 and Gen 2 then ....... bodywork wise?  Off topic I know!

Thought there would be a lot more than that to be honest....

Non S is 2 grills, S cars have 3 grills cos they have 3 radiators.

main difference between gen 1 & 2 is non amber all around lights, glass window on soft top, body wise I think pretty much similar, maybe slightly different rear bumper around exhaust, but not sure about that. 

Main changers were mechanicals and engine etc

I think the front bumper is different on the face lift (gen 2) as well. Marginal BHP increase, but nothing to write home about. 

Here's my 03 S, excuse the finger!

MbBypMm.jpg

I'm having some black mesh grill fitted to the inside of the bumper next month when the rads and condensers are cleaned. I don't think the zunsport grills fit the face lifts.

18 hours ago, Truth said:

Cheers Baron 🙂

16 hours ago, GmanB said:

I think the front bumper is different on the face lift (gen 2) as well. Marginal BHP increase, but nothing to write home about. 

Here's my 03 S, excuse the finger!

MbBypMm.jpg

I'm having some black mesh grill fitted to the inside of the bumper next month when the rads and condensers are cleaned. I don't think the zunsport grills fit the face lifts.

Spot on, mine is a 986.1 so it has the different front bumper that you can attach the zunesports too, the facelift above doesn't have any zunesport option, you have to remove the bumper and attach a mesh/grille behind it.

• 4 weeks later...

As planned had my rads and condensers cleared out and while the bumper was off, Precision kindly cut out and affixed some black metal mesh to the inside of the bumper. Really happy with the result, I think it looks great and already doing it's job. 

HSsgdo4.jpg

rmZTK1o.jpg

34mKJEC.jpg

Thanks gents. Here's the link to the mesh for anyone thinking of having this done, it's enough for all three vents. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Aluminium-Racing-Grille-Net-Vent-Race-Car-Tuning-25x100cm-Mesh-3-5x5mm/121768076226?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I can't take credit for it, I pinched the link from a post on here. 

This is on my job list, particularly having replaced condensers already and bumper needs a respray at some point due to a split in the paint.

Archived