Wheeler dealers 986S

usman10316

Hi guys,

Yes you read it right - yet another post about the world's most famous or infamous Boxster S tiptronic. 

Indeed many of you are aware of some of the cringe moments this car went through and we have spent many hours debating about this car, it's seller, it's brakes, did the oil change actually work and those black alloys. 

Today I'd like to share some good news about this car. As you know it has been off the road for a couple of years and SORN. As I watched my fav episode again yesterday I checked MOT history and lo and behold it passed its MOT! 

YES! It has an MOT and is, in theory, on the road. Now - I won't tell you it's MOT history as that's going to be up for discussion but it was nice to finally see it pass an MOT. 

Who knows it could be up for sale again in the future? 

Funny you should mention this car!

The Boxster used for filming this espisode (silver 3.2 S Registration V 92 EDV) was for sale last year in Chelmsford Essex for £4395.

Its now on Ebay through a dealership in Camberly at £6990

Item number on Ebay is 233167310094 if anybody wishes to look.....

31 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Thought the Boxster with the duff gearbox was black?

The Boxster they worked on was the black one-the vehicle they used to introduce the episode was the silver one I mentioned above-didn't mean to confuse anyone ;-)

1 hour ago, el 3.2S said:

The original lights where on it when it was for sale in 2018 too

2 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

The Boxster they worked on was the black one-the vehicle they used to introduce the episode was the silver one I mentioned above-didn't mean to confuse anyone 😉

I’m easily confused 😜

Interesting - I don't think I'd buy a car that's been on TV tbh. But that's another conversation. 

I do wonder where the black boxster s is though. Did anyone manage to look at the MOT history? The gearbox had an oil leak which I find interesting. 

41 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

Interesting - I don't think I'd buy a car that's been on TV tbh. But that's another conversation. 

Lots of money is made doing just that - e.g James Bond's Aston Martin from Goldeneye, £1.91m or Del Boys Reliant van £44.2k! 

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 7:45 PM, el 3.2S said:

Me too :lol::crying_anim02:

Three types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.....   Really confused now

Archived