Engine heat

Richdobie

I’ve just recently bought a 987.1 3.2 Boxster S and have a question. After a drive last week I was checking around the rear wheel arches and noticed that there was quite a bit of heat build up within the wheel arch (passenger side). It wasn’t really hot, but enough for me to notice (warm). My question is whether this is normal or not? There’s heat from the side vent(s) but I wasn’t expecting any from within the rear wheel arch. Brakes look fine so assume the heat is coming from the engine bay. Is this common? Any comments or views appreciated. 

Soon as I put mine away in the garage, one of my cats adopts it as a warm bed....

I think the heat is normal, both boots get to around the same temperature by the way, hot pipes down the side head to the front radiators see.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:59 PM, Richdobie said:

I’ve just recently bought a 987.1 3.2 Boxster S and have a question. After a drive last week I was checking around the rear wheel arches and noticed that there was quite a bit of heat build up within the wheel arch (passenger side). It wasn’t really hot, but enough for me to notice (warm). My question is whether this is normal or not? There’s heat from the side vent(s) but I wasn’t expecting any from within the rear wheel arch. Brakes look fine so assume the heat is coming from the engine bay. Is this common? Any comments or views appreciated. 

Get a wheel off and you will see why its hot...the exhaust and cat is in there :)

Archived