PSI

718as

Given you've posted in the 981 subforum, I assume we're talking 981 not 718 (re your username?)

I normally use the comfort settings on mine (20" wheels, without PASM) and I'm pretty happy with the ride. In fact, going from 17s on the 986 to 20s on the 981, I was really surprised the ride wasn't that much harsher, even on the 33psi settings.

Hi

I'm running 20" too and I'm at 31psi cold.

I note my front tyres are wearing excessive on the inner and outer edges though, currently 3.5 on both inner regions and 5mm in the centre sections.

This indicates the tyres are under inflated! 

Looks like I'm going to have to lift the pressure slightly.

I've only had the car a couple of months and done circa 1k miles btw.

I'm confused. ..do you own a 718s (as your name) or a 981?  

15 hours ago, 718as said:

981 lol

Please update your profile under My Ride, As initial assumption with your username is you have 718 🙂.

the ‘comfort’ option only applies to 20” wheels (with TPMS),   The default pressure should be 33psi. 2.3 bar, I find this fine with PASM. Comfort setting (2.1/30) can be used if required, in particular if you are just tootling about it should be fine (I sometimes use this in Winter) but for spirited driving I am happier using the recommended 33.

40 minutes ago, Greenman said:

Please update your profile under My Ride, As initial assumption with your username is you have 718 🙂.

Yeah, and with those turbos we need to understand if you are asking about tyres or boost levels :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived