This is why I cant have nice things.

Takahashi

Just picked up on this thread and I want to add to the already posted "that's a bummer" and "good luck" posts.

And after the XC90 moment last weekend I could have been in the same place as you.

CAZ was right when she said they are more than just cars.

Any updates?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theyre now waiting for parts again after telling me it was finished and ready to be collected.....

Its now being delivered back to me, but ive insisted on photos before they bring it back as i want to check its as good as it was before the bump

On 4/25/2019 at 10:13 AM, Takahashi said:

theyre now waiting for parts again after telling me it was finished and ready to be collected.....

Its now being delivered back to me, but ive insisted on photos before they bring it back as i want to check its as good as it was before the bump

Just a quick note of advice DO NOT sign anything until you have gone over the car and made sure you are 100% happy....if you are not send it back.

Had this last year with the wife's Mazda when it got rear ended....bodyshop wanted me to sign papers before I had even seen the car (it took them 4 attempts to get it right)

Dont be pushed into signing anything its you absolute right to refuse it if you are not happy with it.

Great news that its not been written off though.

1 hour ago, Nick_McUK said:

Just a quick note of advice DO NOT sign anything until you have gone over the car and made sure you are 100% happy....if you are not send it back.

Had this last year with the wife's Mazda when it got rear ended....bodyshop wanted me to sign papers before I had even seen the car (it took them 4 attempts to get it right)

Dont be pushed into signing anything its you absolute right to refuse it if you are not happy with it.

Great news that its not been written off though.

What he said ☝️

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had the car back. Lets just say a complaint has been lodged.

Paint colour doesn't match, and hasnt been blended in at all.

Exhaust hasn't been replaced (any of it)

Panel gaps vary around the back

Number plate hasn't been stuck on aligned to the centre of the car

No depth to the paint

They haven't painted the top edge of the new bumper

Exhaust trim isn't the right colour, and hasn't been fitted properly

There's an extra 5 miles on the clock (not a lot, but the car was dropped off and picked up on a low-loader

Water stains where its been left outside 

Basically its horse shyate, so I'm far from happy. After they've had it 5 weeks, and are a porsche approved bodyshop....

5 minutes ago, Takahashi said:

Basically its horse shyate, so I'm far from happy. After they've had it 5 weeks, and are a porsche approved bodyshop....

:o...

Shocking and a shame.

I would consider lodging an immediate snagging list with them in writing and email and getting confirmation they received it.

Also inform them you will be taking this up with Porsche UK as they are the one who give the official accreditation.

See where that gets you... 

6 hours ago, Takahashi said:

So I've had the car back. Lets just say a complaint has been lodged.

Paint colour doesn't match, and hasnt been blended in at all.

Exhaust hasn't been replaced (any of it)

Panel gaps vary around the back

Number plate hasn't been stuck on aligned to the centre of the car

No depth to the paint

They haven't painted the top edge of the new bumper

Exhaust trim isn't the right colour, and hasn't been fitted properly

There's an extra 5 miles on the clock (not a lot, but the car was dropped off and picked up on a low-loader

Water stains where its been left outside 

This is utter shyatee :(

I had all this with the Mazda approved bodyshop, just because they have the word approved means absolutely nothing.

Absolutely kick off to Porsche Customer Services...I did this with Mazda and they were of great help.

I had similar with a bumper replacement on an Audi. Generic insurance company favoured body shop made a compete balls up of a simple bumper replacement. 

Short row with them and slightly longer one with insurance company got the car into another place (actually a Vauxhall dealer - who was an Audi approved bodyshop) and let the insurance recover the re repair cost from from the 1st place.

2 hours ago, iborguk said:

Easy to check with Body Shops are Porsche "recommended"

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/porscheservice/serviceandorgininalparts/repaircompetence/porscherecommendedbodyrepairers/

Kick this back to the insurance company, you're their customer.

I will say it again it makes sod difference if the bodyshop is approved by XYZ marques....The bodyshop i had dramas with with the wifes Mazda was also BMW, Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes and Bentley approved....was their work any good...well it took them multiple attempts to get it right and even when it eventually was "acceptable" it still had issues and that was the main reason we sold the car.

19 minutes ago, Nick_McUK said:

I will say it again it makes sod difference if the bodyshop is approved by XYZ marques....The bodyshop i had dramas with with the wifes Mazda was also BMW, Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes and Bentley approved....was their work any good...well it took them multiple attempts to get it right and even when it eventually was "acceptable" it still had issues and that was the main reason we sold the car.

The quality of the work as always will come down to the skill of the techs working on the vehicle and the materials they are using.....regardless of whether “approved”, “recommended” or whatever,.

@Nick_McUKThe link was provided for the OP so they verify if the outfit is on the list. If not potentially more ammo for the convo with the insurer, Porsche UK and anyone else they care to engage IF they were told it was a Porsche recommended body shop (not just the “insurer approved”) 👍

Just now, iborguk said:

The quality of the work as always will come down to the skill of the techs working on the vehicle and the materials they are using.....regardless of whether “approved”, “recommended” or whatever,.

@Nick_McUKThe link was provided for the OP so they verify if the outfit is on the list. If not more ammo for the convo with the insurer, Porsche Uk and anyone else they care to engage. 👍

None of the insurance approved lot are any cop they get shafted by the insurance cos on hours and money. Sad but true :(

Got you on the link thing :) 

The car was delivered by a third party as I didn't have a courtesy car. The bodyshop is on the list, and I've lodged a complaint with my insurance company. I'm taking the car to a bodyshop tonight who painted the car previously, they are going to do a report on what it will take to rectify the mess I've been left with. My insurance company (once again) haven't returned my calls, so its just adding to the ammo at the moment. 

I didn't even want to look at the car at the weekend, and despite the glorious weather, it stayed locked up in the garage. So disappointing. But it will get sorted. However, I don't for any second want the car to go back to that bodyshop. 5 weeks and that's the best they can do. The boss shouldn't have let it go out the door....

1 minute ago, Takahashi said:

The car was delivered by a third party as I didn't have a courtesy car. The bodyshop is on the list, and I've lodged a complaint with my insurance company. I'm taking the car to a bodyshop tonight who painted the car previously, they are going to do a report on what it will take to rectify the mess I've been left with. My insurance company (once again) haven't returned my calls, so its just adding to the ammo at the moment. 

I didn't even want to look at the car at the weekend, and despite the glorious weather, it stayed locked up in the garage. So disappointing. But it will get sorted. However, I don't for any second want the car to go back to that bodyshop. 5 weeks and that's the best they can do. The boss shouldn't have let it go out the door....

They just dont care...you are far better off just finding an Indi bodyshop that actually care and have some pride in their work.

Interesting fact and not a lot of people know you absolutely do not have to use the bodyshop that your insurer says...you can absolutely force for the car to go to where ever you want, at the end of the day you are the customer of the insurance co and they absolutely cannot force you to do something.

I know if I ever have to have a insurance repair its going to my guy at AE Coachworks in Ash!

• 2 months later...

Well, its been a while, but this still isnt sorted. Another accessor is coming to look at the car Thursday, and the garage that did the repairs have been invited along to explain why they've repaired it the way they have. I'vr got a quote from the bodyshop that painted it before the accident to repair to the standard it should have been done to, but basically, the only time I've driven the car since the accident, was to the bodyshop to get a second opinion. All that nice weather and the cars been couped up inside, the MOT has ran out an the tax is due next month as well..... wish me luck

They are taking so long to get this sorted I'm starting to wonder if it is a deliberate tactic and they are hoping you will give up and accept it.

Luck is wished...

15 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Are you able to go public? Not here, but local newspaper consumer advice column or other appropriate publicity. That sometimes pressures them. 

I'm on the fence on this one because public peer pressure especially on social media is very effective.

But (and I know there is every level of Pork ownership from £2k to £200k) I'm worried that the jealous masses might go...

"He drives a Pork, therefore I hate him, therefore I am glad he is suffering. The rich tw*t can probably pay to get it fixed, he is just being a typical Pork driving to*ser"

Assuming you are a He...

Just reading this for the first time.

My 2p worth. Involve a solicitor. Have them sue the insurance company for the diminution in value of your car. Here's how that works.

You say your car was worth £12k before the accident. Now, let's say you had it repaired to your total satisfaction and accepted the repair, and are happy driving it, and enjoying the experience. However, your mate decides to sell his mint 981GTS that you have always wanted, so you decide to sell your car and buy his.

You advertise it and a few people come around to see it. When they ask (as we all should when buying a used car) "has it been involved in any accidents or had any bodywork repairs done?", you - being the honest chap that you are - reply "yes, it got a whack in the rear, but it was repaired really well. Look at how lovely it is".

The potential purchaser then will use this as a bargaining tool, saying to you - it's only worth £9k mate. So what you believe your car to be worth less what you are able to get for it upon sale is called diminution in value. Your insurance company should employ an engineer to work out the proper diminution. They work on rates of between 10 and 20% of the car's value at the time. And being a Porker, I'd be pushing hard for a valuation at the top end of the market (find a number of similarly specced cars of a similar age and keep copies as proof of market valuation) and apply the 20% rate to that. You can argue for 20% because these are generally one-off, specially ordered cars, not mass produced lookalikes from Merc, BMW or Audi who will discount their new cars at the drop of a hat. Porsche don't do discounts.

You should be able to get the difference in market price for a non-repaired car and what your car would sell for as part of the insurance claim.

Also, you did report the accident to your insurer, didn't you? Has your insurance premium increased as a result of this accident? Sue for any increase in premium as well. After all, this accident was not your fault - why should you be out of pocket as a result?

And before anyone jumps in to flame me, I'm not a solicitor, nor involved with any insurance companies. I can hear everyone typing away - "that's why insurance premiums are going up because of gits like you!"

I was the victim of a rear ending once in a £60k car that dropped in value by £12k. Plus my premiums increased by £600 a year as a result - and they always ask the 'accident' question for 5 years, so I would have been out of pocket by a further £3k. And I was sitting stationary when I was hit, brake lights showing, indicator flashing at night. The other driver was texting. The net result cost me £15k. If only I had heard of diminution in value at the time...

14 minutes ago, Happy Days said:

And before anyone jumps in to flame me, I'm not a solicitor, nor involved with any insurance companies. I can hear everyone typing away - "that's why insurance premiums are going up because of gits like you!"

I hope nobody does the above..!

IMHO you had a 'learning experience' and a damned expensive one at that.

Sharing and allowing us to learn from that is never a bad thing and if somebody can find a legal reason to politely argue against the above then that is also good

Every day is a school day peeps... :thumbsup_still:

Archived