Intermittent wipers ....

SDF1965

It will be the relay: Pt No 993 615 101 00 as the potentiometer is very basic and is unlikely to give up.

Just ordered a new one myself from the OPC.

I think I have one of the intermittent wipers relays, from when I fitted a rain sensor system on my 996 many moons ago.  You are welcome to give it a try to see if it fixes the problem, and if it does then it's yours for a tenner + postage.  Drop me a PM if you want it.

Before you do anything though, check the plug hasn't pulled out of the potentiometer.  The cable is very short, and is prone to pulling out the plug.

Bargain - The relay is £40 from the OPC even with my discount!!

20 hours ago, Rav said:

It will be the relay: Pt No 993 615 101 00 as the potentiometer is very basic and is unlikely to give up.

Just ordered a new one myself from the OPC.

Are you sure that's the right number?  The one I have, which is the same as the part number on PET, is 996 615 103 00 @£53.02 inc VAT.  993 615 101 00 is for the 928/944/964/968/993.

• 2 weeks later...

So i bought a new relay 996 615 103 00 from the OPC at £80 (ouchie!!) and pulled the old one. That was the same part number.

It made no difference!

Checked the potentiometer with a meter, wasnt sure of the pin out, but it seems that this is working. the delay seems to be stuck at 22 - 23 seconds.

What could be wrong?

@Rav, I had two issues, relay and one of the four pins on the back of the potentiometer had been bent so wasn’t going into the plug, once sorted I now get a variable delay, very easy to remove the pot, take apart, clean etc, best of luck

Thanks @SDF1965 - I will give this a look as soon as I can......

I returned the £81 relay to Porsche today as it made no difference to the current non working situation.

Used potentiometer arrived from Ebay - £11 posted. Works a treat! Adjusts wiper from around 2 seconds delay to over 40 seconds delay. Really pleased!

My wife did point out that i never drive the car in the rain, so why was i throwing money at the problem?

10 hours ago, Rav said:

My wife did point out that i never drive the car in the rain, so why was i throwing money at the problem?

They never understand how important these things are.  I've trained mine to not even ask now. 😁

Archived