Sooo.....what do you think of this?

Chrisbin

10 hours ago, Araf said:

Nothing wrong with a Tip.  My first one was.  Drive it in manual mode and you will soon start to anticipate the time it takes to change and press the button a split second before you need the gear. :) 

Absolutely this, particularly with paddles, the Tiptronic is a joy to drive fast, you can keep both hands on the wheel where they should be.

10 hours ago, Araf said:

I am.  987.1 had smooth leather around the centre vents (not stitched) and stitching around the passenger airbag.  Plastic dash top has no sign of the airbag and mould lines either side of the centre vents.

every day is a learning day! good to know

I always thought the stitching on the door card tops, sides of the stereo console and above the dials was a sure sign of extended leather. Chrono Wart would also be stitched too if it’s on the dash. 

10 hours ago, skdotcom said:

I'm sure the tiptronic is fine, but IMHO I haven't yet driven an automatic car that has a convincing manual mode. 

No, it's definitely an auto.  It's really a case of how you're going to use the car.  If it is just for weekends and to get the best driving experience then only a manual will give you that pure experience.  If you are using it everyday then manuals can be such a pain, so you can forgive an auto for taking the edge off the experience when leisure driving.

Archived