Sooo.....what do you think of this?

Chrisbin

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201904036578916?advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=80000&price-to=12000&postcode=np121ah&model=BOXSTER&sort=price-desc&page=5&price-from=9500&make=PORSCHE&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&modal=photos

Always reticent about posting “targets” and  inviting competition...but it seems the market is moving quite fast anyway (damn sun)and from what I understand there’s a lot of interest in this already so I guess a post on here isn’t going to make things worse...

Good price,Mot history is good, sh is backed up with documents, spec is nice, tyres and brakes all recent, low miles, low tax..

What have I overlooked?

Plan is to view tomorrow.

Looks good - first line of the advert is pretty cringe worthy though and can’t spell Boxster which is an automatic fail 😂😂

MOT history looks clean, just make sure you HPI it and check the service history - but on condition rather than miles, fingers crossed for you 

Just seen the pics on a bigger screen - not convinced that is a leather dash top or door cards, it’s got a leather covered instrument binnacle, but if it was the dash, I believe you should have the stitching around the edges too - it is on my 987.2 - you just make out the stitching either side of the centre vents and along the top of the doors. May be different in the 987.1 though so need an owner to confirm

xUAYfFe.jpg

2 hours ago, Chrisbin said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201904036578916?advertising-location=at_cars&maximum-mileage=80000&price-to=12000&postcode=np121ah&model=BOXSTER&sort=price-desc&page=5&price-from=9500&make=PORSCHE&fuel-type=Petrol&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&modal=photos

Always reticent about posting “targets” and  inviting competition...but it seems the market is moving quite fast anyway (damn sun)and from what I understand there’s a lot of interest in this already so I guess a post on here isn’t going to make things worse...

Good price,Mot history is good, sh is backed up with documents, spec is nice, tyres and brakes all recent, low miles, low tax..

What have I overlooked?

Plan is to view tomorrow.

She looks good - I have a big thing for red leather (having missed 2 with red leather that I really wanted  ) - I'm after a manual though not a Tip - so no worries about competition here - you are right - the market is moving much faster now as the weather (supposedly ) gets better.

1 minute ago, CAZ said:

She looks good - I have a big thing for red leather (having missed 2 with red leather that I really wanted  ) - I'm after a manual though not a Tip - so no worries about competition here - you are right - the market is moving much faster now as the weather (supposedly ) gets better.

OK what am I missing here. The car in the first link is grey with black leather.  Where did the red leather come in? 

3 minutes ago, CAZ said:

@CAZ - the red interior is mine 😂 just trying to figure out if the 987.1 has extended leather or not.

go for the red interiors, they are awesome and look better in the flesh, make the exterior colour pop - not quite so ‘murder in the abattoir’ red that they photograph like

jSFuXWd.jpg

Just now, mike597 said:

OK what am I missing here. The car in the first link is grey with black leather.  Where did the red leather come in? 

That's me - getting over- excited about the red leather interior pictured by @Mattman42 - a couple of posts above 🤣 - your grey with black leather looks very clean - would have been perfect for me if she had been black with red leather - am currently suffering with very bad P.M.T.  Porsche Mental Tension- doing my head in trying to find the right car for me - happy hunting - it's the toughest car purchase I have ever made - and I thought finding a frog eye sprite was hard and went to the Isle of Wight for that one! 

4 minutes ago, CAZ said:

That's me - getting over- excited about the red leather interior pictured by @Mattman42 - a couple of posts above 🤣 - your grey with black leather looks very clean - would have been perfect for me if she had been black with red leather - am currently suffering with very bad P.M.T.  Porsche Mental Tension- doing my head in trying to find the right car for me - happy hunting - it's the toughest car purchase I have ever made - and I thought finding a frog eye sprite was hard and went to the Isle of Wight for that one! 

Here you go @CAZ - https://www.cargurus.co.uk/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d3715&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=RG22+5LS&distance=660&searchChanged=true&colors=Black&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true#listing=133578697

4 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

@CAZ - the red interior is mine 😂 just trying to figure out if the 987.1 has extended leather or not.

go for the red interiors, they are awesome and look better in the flesh, make the exterior colour pop - not quite so ‘murder in the abattoir’ red that they photograph like

jSFuXWd.jpg

God I love red leather -  missed a 2004 50k 986 S Black with red leather at £9.5 when the snow was on - then a 2009 gen 2 987 in silver with red leather by one day (before the CRV died and purchase of a 2017 DD reduced by budget somewhat )  - P.M.T.  Porsche metal tension strikes again!  

You are so right - red interiors look soooo  good - except being a girl I wear a lot of pink and this might clash terribly - although that is not a problem that you would suffer from - 

1 minute ago, CAZ said:

You are so right - red interiors look soooo  good - except being a girl I wear a lot of pink and this might clash terribly - although that is not a problem that you would suffer from - 

You might be surprised.............

Do you really want tiptronic though? Nothing against autos, but they best suit flabby old Mercs rather than an agile sports car.

55 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

It has got extended leather 👍

It looks a nice car in good condition but can’t decide if it’s a pricey for a 2.7 tip?

I think so - looked at a few 987’s with it specced and they look like this.

I honestly feel it’s a good price to be honest but happy to be told different.

Im no expert on pricing so if that’s what they all seem to go for at the moment?

It does look a very clean car and it has got low mileage for the year, also a nice spec on it. This can make a big difference to the price.

1 hour ago, Mattman42 said:

Just seen the pics on a bigger screen - not convinced that is a leather dash top or door cards,

I am.  987.1 had smooth leather around the centre vents (not stitched) and stitching around the passenger airbag.  Plastic dash top has no sign of the airbag and mould lines either side of the centre vents.

46 minutes ago, skdotcom said:

Do you really want tiptronic though? Nothing against autos, but they best suit flabby old Mercs rather than an agile sports car.

I know, I know, but I’m old... :(

see my other thread for more detail but I think it’s the right way to go for my usage.

3 minutes ago, Chrisbin said:

I know, I know, but I’m old... :(

see my other thread for more detail but I think it’s the right way to go for my usage.

Nothing wrong with a Tip.  My first one was.  Drive it in manual mode and you will soon start to anticipate the time it takes to change and press the button a split second before you need the gear. :) 

7 minutes ago, Araf said:

Nothing wrong with a Tip.  My first one was.  Drive it in manual mode and you will soon start to anticipate the time it takes to change and press the button a split second before you need the gear. :) 

I'm sure the tiptronic is fine, but IMHO I haven't yet driven an automatic car that has a convincing manual mode. 

Update;

Seller was away from Friday to yesterday. Have just heard she had a viewing last night, loved the car, and deposit paid :( 

I couldn’t have got there any sooner than today as it’s a 2 hour drive...

Ho hum.....on to the next one..,.

Archived