Replacement spare key

toocan

I got my car without a second key. You can only order a new key from Porsche OEM. The cost of the key 🔑 is £300 and then another hall£100 for coding to car. You have to take your v5 and drivers license as I’d before you can even order 2weeks to get key then 30 mins or a little more for coding to the car.  You can’t do it any other way. OEM only. So £400. 🥶

And the process of coding the new key will render the lost one inoperable (remote and immobiliser) so if it does turn up then you wil need to get them all recoded to wake it up.  

19 minutes ago, Paul P said:

And the process of coding the new key will render the lost one inoperable (remote and immobiliser) so if it does turn up then you wil need to get them all recoded to wake it up.  

That's correct  On the 987 and 981 it reads the radio remote and immobilizer pill from the key during the programming routine.  The 987 can be done offline using the IPAS codes (by an indy), but the 981 needs a connection to the Porsche Partner Network (by an OPC or highly equipped indy)

I have cover for my keys with Key Care.. £27-99 a year, I lost one of the keys for the Alfa (fob that fits in the dash type one) and it was £550 inc programing. Rung Key Care, took a couple of details, didnt even ask about the circs of losing the key, wait a couple of days to see if its handed in (they supply you with a fob with a contact number for your keys you see) and then rung bck, claim done nice and easy and replacement key ordered.

Highly recommend it

Archived