Christ there's a lot of Boxsters for sale

Lozzaroo

I've been looking for a while, but good lord there are a lot of Boxsters out there for sale. Wow. There are just so many I guess it can take a while to sell one, unless it's really special.

I've been tempted by a couple but I ideally want pdk. Although maybe manual is fine, can't decide!

I know I could get a good 987.1 manual for around 10k, but yes gen 2 around the 15k mark is where I'm really at. I think.

I'm not sure I could live with a manual in west London though. Having said that it's not going to be a daily driver so that's where I'm torn. Could save the money...

Pdk isn’t “that” great in London traffic in my opinion.  I came from a manual Audi A4 and 180k miles over 14 years in mixed conditions including a lot of London stop go traffic. 

Depends on your style and for sure the clutch on the Audi was probably much lighter than an equivalent boxster. The pdk doesn’t like go, slow, go, stop traffic patterns.  It’s fine in stop go but for “gap go, no stop” it’s a bit clumsy.

I love the pdk and will choose it again. But “driving in traffic” isn’t on the list in reasons why. 

prefer the PDK over the manual ... can pootle about in lazy mode or make snap gear changes that are faster than most drivers. best of both worlds

The manual is more engaging on the open road, pdk is easier to be fair.

987.1's are bargains for what you get. If deep pockets then go for a .2 or even 981, but for a weekend car I've gone for the .1 3.4 S manual - loads of fun.

Pdk is perfectly fine in heavy traffic, operates as you would expect an auto box to do. Open roads and sport mode brings another dimension 😁

I don’t think there are a huge amount of PDK 987’s for sale though, that’s where you start to get limited, especially at that price point - only one showing below £15k on Autotrader and that’s a 2.9 with no sports chrono

I have a manual and live in central London - it's fine. I imagine you aren't going to be doing short journeys around town in it anyway? And once you're out of London i'd argue its a much better experience

I haven't driven a 987 PDK however so can't give much comparison!

Archived