I replaced my 981 S....with this...

djy

Hi all, 

I put my 981 Boxster S up for sale and ended up getting a good offer on it, so I reluctantly sold it. I was planning on replacing it with a Boxster GTS, then decided to get a Boxster Spyder, then I changed my mind to a Ferrari California, but I ended up taking a different route altogether!

I'll really miss my 981 S. It was such a beautiful and well accomplished car. Fond memories of touring around France, Spain and Mallorca. 

dG0kyM2l_-OzTR5pDgYVPqZphF_3nPdkS1_8hA4b

Here's the new beast:

2016 Mercedes AMG GTS, Premium Pack (glass roof, Burmester stereo etc..), Interior Carbon Pack, Night Park, Driving Assistance Pack, etc.... fully loaded with toys. 

Koy7DD9CJ74TXhOzDX0tCGL93i-Ny-KtqaRooY3T

1fH9n2rg0dCwDhwY6W-oUh-5AhNJEpYd1HRSatLh

Pema_y67Ez7-ks7Oxr29hnIOOlgcNFQnfVMHZwBW

nLFWhjjtce9aVdRJULr_j70GhR5u4D3kd7jOMlwj

1eb4sRKN1vq8e-DQLXoRbu4VVFdFTDqb-qtdZVM9

2wmPrFRq8LuhAGB1Ln0RhXiDo6KN-P4Om7sLWGMH

5w48iQjPJuKxtqbYupGIdS0eaRWjwDGFgnalUOy1

Ya_hfs5dDJmV_aVCQnZHRA2IHVm1u680UOsxHvEJ

xjrskkPze4a0w5kZuzAIIyjw1rpjYvSaYD4YyWPD

That’s a beast and from your intro post not sure I’d guess your direction in a million years :thumbsup_still:

At least your consistent with colour choice ;)

Looked at these myself before buying my GTS, lot of car for the money.

But just to big for the roads I drive on, and more of a GT car than a Sports car.

Also the soft top version was expensive.

Nice car all the same, be interested to hear how it compares to your Boxster.

Just now, RBD914 v2 said:

Nice car all the same, be interested to hear how it sounds compared to your Boxster.

Just now, RBD914 v2 said:

Bet it sounds like thunder!

😂 I bet your correct

It is a big car. That's the only downside. But it is very comfortable and very refined. As with the Porsche, everything is switchable, exhaust, suspension, gearbox settings, engine setup, traction control etc. It's all user definable and it does make a difference to its character. 

It sounds incredible! It rumbles and burbles at tickover, like it has a straight through exhaust! It's throaty and loud, sounds great. But it's quiet enough in quiet mode for long trips. 

I've not driven it much yet, so I can't give a proper comparison just yet. Only actually been out in it twice. Hoping to drive it this weekend, but the weather is so good, I'm planning to use the boat everyday instead! Can't waste the sunshine and calm conditions! 

I've spent the last few evenings fitting my old kitchen wall units into the garage so I can get everything up in them and off the floor. Simply because the Mercedes is going to take up the entire garage, so there's no room for anything else! 

Archived