UK Custom cover any experience?

JohnnyUK

Hi Johnny. I've got a fitted cover from them which fits perfect for my 986 very pleased with it , I gave around £60 when there was a discount on eBay . Although it was before Christmas and at Christmas they put them up to £200 .but now back down to around £ 70

15 minutes ago, S2sam said:

Hi Johnny. I've got a fitted cover from them which fits perfect for my 986 very pleased with it , I gave around £60 when there was a discount on eBay . Although it was before Christmas and at Christmas they put them up to £200 .but now back down to around £ 70

Cheers... The seams are not taped so is it waterproof? 

I have the full outdoor cover which is waterproof , not sure on the roof cover 

As long as it has taped seams , you will be fine. Give the car a polish and good coat of wax. Clean before every covering and all will be well.

Leave it off in windy weather

I've got one of their fully fitted covers for my Boxster. Been the car now for just over 2 years and it's fantastic and apart from the fact it's faded a bit, it's still as good as when I bought it. 

Brilliant value for money when compared with other fully fitted products. Id recommend them to anyone. 

On 5/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, JohnnyUK said:

Cheers... The seams are not taped so is it waterproof? 

It’s 100% waterproof and due to the way it’s attached to the car it wont blow off in the wind, or be stolen if left out on the street as you have to open the car to un-attach, ive not got one but the ebay right up looks good, I’m getting one due to the birds in my garage pooping all over my nice red soft top.

it fits very well and clamps under the doors and boot lid. Small magnets hold the sides in place. Seams are not taped so some water will pass through. All in all very pleased!😃 

Cheers, they are under felt covers... But if you throw the cover into the garage I guess they can pick up all kinds of metal debris. They won't mark any more than the tarp and webbing straps I have been using to date!🙄🙄 

I've been using a UK Custom Covers half cover since February.  Its waterproof , and has stayed on in strong winds. Even though the cover fits very well, there is still a slight buffeting action caused by medium /strong winds which has left small marks in the lacquer -  mainly on the clamshell area.

I bought it as I wanted something that could be put on  in 5 mins , and was secure in the wind. I've put it on a wet hood with no ill effects. It drys out quickly and folds away to the size of a laptop bag  . Overall I'm very pleased with it 

Think small marks in high winds is true of all covers. Best avoided when you know. Anything over 10mph and I leave the cover off.

I've got water leaking in between the passenger window and seal just above the rear view mirror section, so the cover and a few marks is the lesser of two evils. I have considered applying some ceramic coating to the areas that get affected.     

23 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

I’d get that looked at, not normal. 

There's a few instances of similar issues mentioned on other forums. With mine, at the junction of seals; hood , frame, windscreen, water seems to be tracking along the seal between window and frame and dropping through into the car slight depression in the frame seal caused by the seal on the wing mirror section . 

i have just ordered one so will let you know how it goes, i paid £59.95 for the Ultimate Tailored Waterproof outdoor one, so all in seemed good value for money, i am also considering buying a soft indoor cover to put on underneath that way it can stay on in winds and shouldn't mark the paintwork.

Archived