milltek exhaust

markabox

my 2006 987s has a milltek exhaust which sounds great but have now been told it needs a remap to make it run properly ,which makes sense and i have had that done but now i'm told it needs reprograming because the ecu wont recognise the exhaust and it will over fuel? £300 to do?

So you've had a new (catless?) exhaust and a remap and they now say you need the ECU reprogramming? Sounds like someone is milking you for money.

I'm no expert, but as I understand it, a remap is a reprogramming of the fuelling/timing matrix in the ECU, so that work has already been done. Why does it need to be done again? Maybe they mean it needs to be setup on a rolling road, but then they should have recommended that was done rather than off the shelf map.

I think you need to ask your mate what the remap did and what the ECU reprogramming is for. Maybe have a word with miltek and see what work they think is needed to get it working at its best.

I've had on my first 986 a bunch of mods without a remap and then mapped it at the end of the mods some year later. It ran fine without a map. 

Current car has manifolds, 200cell cars and Carnewal and no remap. Again it runs fine. You dont NEED a remap. It's nice to have though. 

dont really know but i was not charged for the remap,just the ecu job .

car runs really well now and fuel economy is at the highest range despite some hard driving. what a brilliant car!

What were you told the difference between a remap and an ecu job is?

Archived