Warranty work

Ninja02

Just had my car into Sheffield OPC for some warranty work.  I have been told the following are not covered under warranty.  Door stays, door cards lifting at the window, exhaust bolts corroded, with one leaking.  Anybody know if these are covered  or if anyone has had repairs done on these under warranty

Phill

surprised at door cards - would fight that one - I personally wouldn't expect the exhaust bolts to be covered - fwiw I was today quoted approx £200 + vat for exhaust bolt replacement both sides by a local indy - but I don;'t need mine fixing at the moment (they aren't blowing) 

2 hours ago, Ninja02 said:

Just had my car into Sheffield OPC for some warranty work.  I have been told the following are not covered under warranty.  Door stays, door cards lifting at the window, exhaust bolts corroded, with one leaking.  Anybody know if these are covered  or if anyone has had repairs done on these under warranty

Phill

I had my exhaust bolts replaced at Portsmouth in January. Original quote was £610 which I got down to £490, then raised my concerns over the quality of the part with Porsche UK and got a £250 goodwill gesture.

The parts are less than £50 and the rest is labour due to the design. My PSE was only 2.5 years old @20k at the time.....

Personally I would consider both items a warranty issue.

I would not expect exhaust bolts to corrode so quickly. They should be made of a suitable material so they don't corrode, by design they're obviously not fit for purpose!

On 5/10/2019 at 3:35 PM, Ninja02 said:

Phill

There is a list of ‘wear’ items within the warranty documentation. Check carefully the list against the above items, as far as I can remember none of these are on the wear list in which case you need to be asking them why they aren’t covered as the docs suggest they are.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:21 PM, 981Ad said:

I had my exhaust bolts replaced at Portsmouth in January. Original quote was £610 which I got down to £490, then raised my concerns over the quality of the part with Porsche UK and got a £250 goodwill gesture.

The parts are less than £50 and the rest is labour due to the design. My PSE was only 2.5 years old @20k at the time.....

Wow, just the exhaust bolts??

I had a pSE installed al the local garage, all bolts had to be ground off, knocked out and replaced with new, £80.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:10 PM, BoxsterSPete said:

Personally I would consider both items a warranty issue.

I would not expect exhaust bolts to corrode so quickly. They should be made of a suitable material so they don't corrode, by design they're obviously not fit for purpose!

I agree with the sentiment BUT

if its faulty workmanship then it wouldnt be warranty work (paid for by Allianz the warranty insurer) 

however it should be covered by Porsche GB instead 

i.e. the manufacturer pays not the warranty provider..

Its this type of 'its not us , its them' that screws the punter with Porsche warranty work

What's really annoyed me is the fact they have said the door cards have been forced, therefore are not covered.  Why would a car that it seems has never seen anything but an OPC go elsewhere for say work on both doors when it's had Porsche Warranty all its life.

More problems now,  the windscreen had a repaired chip in it when I bought it, this is now a crack. 

It's a known issue especially in warmer climates. At the back of the door card there is an opening for the airbag that they mould back on, that will be the part which is lifting. If you google the door card you will see what I mean it's the green bit.

Its repairable for sure I bet if you remove it.

3 minutes ago, daz05 said:

It's a known issue especially in warmer climates. At the back of the door card there is an opening for the airbag that they mould back on, that will be the part which is lifting. If you google the door card you will see what I mean it's the green bit.

Its repairable for sure I bet if you remove it.

Thanks Daz,

I'd be able to do something if all else fails. I'll wait until they've replaced the drivers door switch,  they have to remove the door card, shall see when this is done why they're lifting

Archived