Short front plate

Chrisbin

The front number plate is quite a bit shorter than std U.K. plate size - have any of you gone with smaller plates? If so, any recommendations of supplier? Not planning to mess with digits, would just like to lose overhangs...

I took the plinth off, deburred the 4 holes left by it and the screw on plate. Fixed a stick on vinyl plate. It sits perfectly above the lower valance opening. 

Full legal size and no issues. The car looks far better without that hideous appendage out front

I have a 5 digit reg and just had standard plate made and chopped it down to size. When I removed the front plinth somebody had used 3" long screws to fix the standard plate so I had a bit of filling and touching up to do but the front looks much better with the small plate.

You can specify the size you want at fancyplates.com My shorter front plate has been in my garage since about 2013 ... 😂

I bought it to fit exactly the plinth behind but have been meaning to repaint the bumper and perhaps even have a vinyl plate for some time so never got round to out it on. 

I annoyingly found my bumper to host half a dozen holes (under the plinth) from overly un necessarily long screws. Rest of the bumper is immaculate after a respray just earlier this year (by previous owner). I would have had the whole thing flushed had it been my decision and got a stick on plate for if as or when essential. 

I might still get a stick on plate tbf

48 minutes ago, edc said:

I bought it to fit exactly the plinth behind but have been meaning to repaint the bumper and perhaps even have a vinyl plate for some time so never got round to out it on. 

😂👍

thanks for replies - I’m glad you all realised what I meant was the plinth! 

These “stick on” plates - makes me think of the old vinyl ones from the 60’s 😮 is that what you mean??

looks like I’ll have to give it some more thought!!

Archived