car reserved and dealer blocked sale

zagamuffin

saw an almost ideal 3.4s today at a great price at grange aston martin dealership,straight away i reserved it online and was told it was booked to me till wednesday to view and decide.The site even updated with reserved.

agate with carrera classics and Pse/bose/light leather interior and low miles. i know it was under priced as low miles as well and thats why i jumped all over it.

just got a mail from dealer saying the price had been applied incorrectly and should have been 36k and anyway its been sold.not very professional these high end dealers are they...

https://www.grange.co.uk/used-car-details/?regno=VX63HPE

zaga

That's pretty cr*p, they should at least have told you they made a mistake and see if you were still interested at the new price. What did they have it up at originally?

recon its not sold but someone fcuked and had to get out of my deal,i had it locked in according to there website till next weds at that price, over here in Ireland if its advertised at A PRICE thats the price you pay.Has been challenged in court and always falls in favour of the buyer...

10 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

recon its not sold but someone fcuked and had to get out of my deal,i had it locked in according to there website till next weds at that price, over here in Ireland if its advertised at A PRICE thats the price you pay.Has been challenged in court and always falls in favour of the buyer...

Law is different here, if it's a genuine pricing mistake then they are not bound by it, lots of cases of mistakes in online shops where the transactions are reversed.

Dealer is in England. As stated, for online advertising the rules are a bit different, they allow for fat fingers putting up adverts.

Here, at the end:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/somethings-gone-wrong-with-a-purchase/if-something-is-advertised-at-the-wrong-price/

think its prob worth the extra work tho as black leather is so dark especially in a cabby,had two all black interiors and want to try something lighter now.use them as everydays cars so very dark inside in winter when the roofs closed....

cleaning products are so good these days as i have a 5 series with cream duo interior and gave it2hrs the other day and had it as good as new,had darkened a bit tho to your point...

i havethe same or similar leather interior on my S3,  i want the same on my porsche,bit harder to keep clean but i protected the leather with Gtechniq and it seems to have done the trick. Makes inside feel spacious 

to be fair to the dealership they were very apologetic and when i said id booked flight based on the reservation they said they could possibly cover my costs as a good will gesture which i thought was very fair.Now i wouldnt like to profit on someones genuine mistake so they are going to send me out a few bits as they are a supercar garage.ill update with whatever i get lol

On 6/9/2019 at 5:40 PM, 718as said:

That interior would be a pain to keep unmarked. Jeans etc tend to stain white leather as the colour bleaches.

If it’s the agate and pebble interior, which I think it is, then sorry I can’t agree. Mines 5 years old and used as a daily and I live in blue jeans and whilst warned by OPC when purchasing on the potential down side I’ve had no issues and would opt for it again rather than the dowdy black😄

2 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

to be fair to the dealership they were very apologetic and when i said id booked flight based on the reservation they said they could possibly cover my costs as a good will gesture which i thought was very fair.Now i wouldnt like to profit on someones genuine mistake so they are going to send me out a few bits as they are a supercar garage.ill update with whatever i get lol

Up until that point I just assumed that you had been "gazzumped" and someone had walked in with a fat wallet and offered them 3k more than you did. Now seems more genuine......

40 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Maybe they discovered a problem when they HPI'd it and its off to auction.  

Think that's feasible. Unless someone was very keen on the colour combo despite the average spec on it and bought it quick time. 

Just bought a 911 and was shocked how quickly cars were appearing for sale and buyers were putting deposits down within hours and then going to see the cars and buying them.

Was lucky my new car was a trade in and the OPC knew I was after one and told me before it went up for sale.

Archived