Window Seal

Nick_McUK

• 1 year later...

Bringing a thread back from the dead. Got a right flocking issue on my driver door where it has worn off the horizontal outside weather strip. Probably removed it off myself thinking it was just mouldy cr*p previously.

I've gummipflege'ed the rubber and polished and waxed the window which helps for a short while, whilst also putting the gumni all over the window...

Those "flocking kits" actually any good, would it even stick to the rubber? £200 a side is tough to stomach for a new seal, especially as I've got a new roof coming next week.

4 hours ago, SuperPaulie said:

Bringing a thread back from the dead. Got a right flocking issue on my driver door where it has worn off the horizontal outside weather strip. Probably removed it off myself thinking it was just mouldy cr*p previously.

I've gummipflege'ed the rubber and polished and waxed the window which helps for a short while, whilst also putting the gumni all over the window...

Those "flocking kits" actually any good, would it even stick to the rubber? £200 a side is tough to stomach for a new seal, especially as I've got a new roof coming next week.

@iborgukyou have been known as a bit of a flocker. Thoughts?

Edited by Paul P

7 hours ago, Paul P said:

@iborgukyou have been known as a bit of a flocker. Thoughts?

@SuperPaulie

So don't expect factory finish (at least with my level of talent) but I did use a kit to make a window seal look less bald.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264163164957

Before

After

Edited by iborguk
  • Like 1

Decent. My baldness is on my head and the horizontal "scraper" I guess on the top of the door/bottom of window probably a lot more prone to getting dragged off as it's in a wet area? You reckon it would hold up? Won't be visible as it's on the inside.

9 hours ago, SuperPaulie said:

Decent. My baldness is on my head and the horizontal "scraper" I guess on the top of the door/bottom of window probably a lot more prone to getting dragged off as it's in a wet area? You reckon it would hold up? Won't be visible as it's on the inside.

Not “dissing” the flockers but is that part normally fluffy ? Or is it just “a new bit of rubber” ? 

1 hour ago, Propofol said:

I might have to give it a go…did you apply it in situ or remove the part? 

In situ. I didn't want to touch 10 year old roof plastics to get that part off.

Edited by iborguk

3 hours ago, Paul P said:

Not “dissing” the flockers but is that part normally fluffy ? Or is it just “a new bit of rubber” ? 

The horizontal, looks fluffy to me. Just bald in places. Pretty sure it came away when I was trying to clean the green algae/moss off it.

The bit iborg did, on my 986 that bit isn't flocked at all, it's just rubber.

Edited by SuperPaulie