Window Seal

Nick_McUK

Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you had replaced the rear part of the window seal...mine are all fine they just look a bit scruffy and wondered if they were replaceable.

I have googled it but its less than clear!

This is the seal I am on about for clarity:

w4WW5SKPT6qdinom7BRXvw_zpst90r8n7i.jpg

They are replaceable but I believe it is quite a awkward job. I had similar on my old 987 where the suede looks a bit bald and off colour. I was going to have a look at some sort of fabric dye but sold the car before I got round to it👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveEFI said:

I had a slight leak round mine on the last car. New seal was a silly price. Gummi Pflege sorted it.

Might just go with a flocking kit off Amazon...only about £30....my seals all work they just look scruffy :)

replaced one of mine about 6 months back - nightmare job - so let the dealer sort it after I gave up - and it's now perfect.

you can get the replacement part from design911 or elsewhere for a reasonable cost, but very fiddly to handle and fit. the part itself is in two pieces clipped together which get fitted as one. fiddly screws and clips everywhere. 

and just for fun, the part is made from that swirly recycled coffee cup type plastic that breaks as soon as you look at it.

1 minute ago, frozen said:

replaced one of mine about 6 months back - nightmare job - so let the dealer sort it after I gave up - and it's now perfect.

you can get the replacement part from design911 or elsewhere for a reasonable cost, but very fiddly to handle and fit. the part itself is in two pieces clipped together which get fitted as one. fiddly screws and clips everywhere. 

and just for fun, the part is made from that swirly recycled coffee cup type plastic that breaks as soon as you look at it.

Yeah think I will leave that be then! Not Paying OPC prices on that :)

Mine look untidy & I’ve often thought about trying to ‘re flock’ them.

If anyone is doing this, can you please post some before & after pics along with a ‘how to’ guide?

Cheers

12 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

Mine look untidy & I’ve often thought about trying to ‘re flock’ them.

If anyone is doing this, can you please post some before & after pics along with a ‘how to’ guide?

Cheers

I will take photos when I do mine then :)

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Chrisbin said:

Was just wondering if anyone has some flocking experiences to share....

Not yet got the kit just not had time to do it😢

I the middle of laying a new floor in the kitchen. 😂