Spacers and Bolts

Bodge50

1 hour ago, temporarychicken said:

The ones available on Porsche shop dot co dot uk are really nice. They come with quality bolts too.

My experience has been entirely different. They introduced terrible wheel wobble. Had to remove them and go with another brand.

2 hours ago, temporarychicken said:

Did you get the hub-centric ones? Its vital to get this type of spacer to avoid wobble.

The shim-type ones in thinner sizes around 7mm will wobble. I have some 9mm hub-centric ones and they are great.

Yes hub-centric (and 9mm) but they were not engineered to a tight enough fit to the hub i.e they moved on the hub. @Southy had the same issue from that retailer.

12 minutes ago, Boxob said:

Yes hub-centric (and 9mm) but they were not engineered to a tight enough fit to the hub i.e they moved on the hub. @Southy had the same issue from that retailer.

Same with me, I had the hub-centric 9mm from them and had to remove due to bad wheel wobble.  I swapped to H&R 7mm shimms (not hub-centric) and they have been fine.

3 hours ago, Boxob said:

Yep,  I got sucked in on these,  9mm hub centric,  yet wheel wobble at around 65mph, took them off tried refitting them,  took them off again. 

I can confirm that the Porscheshop hub-centric 9mm spacers fit reasonably tightly to the 981 hub-faces. Technically, the 986 should have the exact same flange diameter, but there must be slight variations given that several 986 owners above haven't experienced this at all.

Bear in mind that the hub-flanges are designed to be ever so slightly 'spring loaded' so you should feel a slight push as the wheel goes on as it self-centralises on the hub. Same should occur with the spacer into the wheel.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE---Was unable to fit spacers till now- neighbour reversed into Boxster - claimed off his insurance through mine and car is now repaired (cost £1,660 ) Have had a couple of nice courtesy cars while work was done

iHttsj2.jpg

TxFAy2m.jpg

MSport 850i - amazing acceleration -huge car - no room for passengers in back unless ch

wWShiNW.jpg

XE9z5Mo.jpg

Sport 435d

Pleased to get my car back 

J7dfZ48.jpg

yBZmcvs.jpg

Wq9uzUT.jpg

10 minutes ago, Bodge50 said:

UPDATE---Was unable to fit spacers till now- neighbour reversed into Boxster - claimed off his insurance through mine and car is now repaired (cost £1,660 ) Have had a couple of nice courtesy cars while work was done

iHttsj2.jpg

TxFAy2m.jpg

MSport 850i - amazing acceleration -huge car - no room for passengers in back unless children

Then this one 

https://i.imgur.com/wWShiNW.jpg

[/img]MSport 435d nice car - bit draughty with top down

Glad to get my car back- Before

J7dfZ48.jpg  

J7dfZ48.jpg

After

UUkt11B.jpg

UUkt11B.jpg

Am I going blind as I can’t see the damage😩

Archived