Tell me about it. At one point today I thought it was IMS bearing issues 

Haha, 

It's probably tyre or brake related. 

Stone trapped between disk/pad/cover? 

3 hours ago, toplad said:

Haha, 

It's probably tyre or brake related. 

Stone trapped between disk/pad/cover? 

I had a feel around but couldn’t find an offending article, but I’ll have another look. 

10 hours ago, Sazzy said:

Had exactly what you describe on mine today!! It's just had an oil change on Thursday though... 

Was yours only noticeable when the car was moving? I can’t hear mine when idle but still can when moving and in neutral. 

I have reported on here before that I had a harsh ticking noise when I first got my 987.1. Was a little concerned! Tried some fuel additive for engine cleaning and after half a tank of fuel it cleared and has not reappeared. A quick/cheap fix if it works.

Same on my 987.1 3.2S.

Have used the Wynns and that seemed to help but the ticking eventually came back.

Noticeable on tick over when warm but a slight touch of the accelerator and it goes away and then comes back again.

May try some of the more expensive BG44K. I will also be replacing the oil and filters in a couple of weeks, so hopefully that will help.

7 hours ago, Andy9376 said:

Was yours only noticeable when the car was moving? I can’t hear mine when idle but still can when moving and in neutral. 

I only noticed it when we were moving, didn't try putting it in neutral. It stopped after about 10 mins of driving though?

This ticking only seems to appear when the car is warm, but is there if you knock it into neural or even turn the engine off at speed. Could it be the tyres or brakes being hot that cause it rather than the engine? 

Archived