981s on tour 'Cars and Castles'

daz05

Guys, hope you like this one. I attended a Porsche cars and castles tour, 5 x 981s turned up and a 718 surprisingly they were all spec'd a little bit differently so provided an opportunity to compare. Some lovely 911s also.

2 hours ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Another great video  @daz05

curious - about 2:12 in, where have you got the camera mounted, and what mount please?

Cheers David.  It's the Fat Gecko mount which is placed on the flat surface by the hoops and roof.

9 hours ago, daz05 said:

Cheers David.  It's the Fat Gecko mount which is placed on the flat surface by the hoops and roof.

Thanks @daz05.

just looked up the brand. I take it’s not mounted on the flap that folds up when the roof is up (and thus isn’t fixed)?

8 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Thanks @daz05.

just looked up the brand. I take it’s not mounted on the flap that folds up when the roof is up (and thus isn’t fixed)?

Mounted on the bodywork its just a simple suction cup and go on anything metal or almost any plastic that is smooth.

Thanks bud. I’ve noticed the that view point on many of your videos, and always wondered as it always seemed the camera was extended out a bit from the bodywork - possibly combination of being right the edge of where it’s possible to mount, and a wider angle lens. Will be doing a bit of experimenting on my road trip in Sept. 👍

Not sure yet Darren. External mic would be the likely answer, but how to stop rushing-wind-noise will be the problem I guess. I suction-mounted my GoPro on the rear bumper beside the number-plate, and to be fair there was very little wind-noise front just the built-in mic, overall general tyre roar, but the PSE was overpowering that!

Bringing the camera up onto the body and into the aerodynamics, will of course result in much greater wind-noise., In my head, I’m thinking put the camera where I want regardless, and have a great long extension lead for an external mic that is perhaps nr rear number plate, or behind a seat in the cabin etc.....

Archived