981 boot space

sw879

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could help me with a storage space query in the boxster 981.

I’ve hired this car for a few days abroad and want to know if two hand luggage bags (standard airport size) and a samsonite 75cm suitcase (https://www.samsonite.co.uk/cosmolite-spinner-75cm-red-fl/73351-1726.html?cgid=luggage_large-luggage#start=1&cgid=luggage_large-luggage) can all fit in the front and back storage of the boxster.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

No, the 75cm one won't fit, as said above you could easily get the two carry on bags in the front.  On the Samsonite link the 69cm case would fit in the front, a soft holdall would fit on top of it but a hard  carry on case might be too high at the front (compartment is deeper at the rear and shallower at the front).

I only ever use soft bags in the rear as the shape isn't suited to a hard case - but someone may know of a case that does fit.

I would suggest travelling with one hard case like the 69cm Samsonite in your link and a couple of soft carry on holdalls, then you can even partly unpack one to get it to fit.

Wow thanks for the information everyone. I honestly didn’t expect an answer this quickly.

I’ll buy some soft luggage instead!

Yes. It’s a 981 as I couldn’t find a single rental car company in Majorca that had a 718 (with good reviews).

Thanks again everyone.

I have two of the older version of this bag Spark SNG Duffle with wheels 77cm, one went in the front with soft camera/computer bags and odd shoes placed around the bag, the second one went in the rear but I was not able to fill it fully, the bottom holding the wheels is fixed and that was placed  in the centre of the boot requiring a slight taper to the other end which then fitted towards the narrower depth of the boot at the edge there was plenty of space around this bag for loose items.

27 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Isn't Majorca where Mr Carfection took a 981 or 718 up a mountain? Rather nice road provided you go at 5am.

I think that will be this road https://goo.gl/maps/wz3grDL5a9jMMrsL9 great at 5am or 8pm but in between suicidal coach drivers make it a bit entertaining. I did it in a 1.5d Toyota Yaris a few years back.....

Archived