SORN Laying Up Insurance

Virglas

33 minutes ago, Virglas said:

Anyone done this....thinking of parking the car up for the winter....rather than let the normal policy run I was wondering if I could get something low cost just to cover the car whilst its off the road?

I suppose it depends on how much you pay for insurance aand car tax

I'm another who keeps the car INSURED and Mot'd but SORN over winter. Apart from the obvious risk of the car getting damaged or stolen from the garage, its nice to know you can tax it again for a month if you feel like a winter blast.

I think the money I get back for the SORN pays for my insurance 😃

2 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

I'm another who keeps the car taxed and Mot'd but SORN over winter. Apart from the obvious risk of the car getting damaged or stolen from the garage, its nice to know you can tax it again for a month if you feel like a winter blast.

I think the money I get back for the SORN pays for my insurance 😃

If you sorn it then its not taxed 

18 hours ago, Virglas said:

Anyone done this....thinking of parking the car up for the winter....rather than let the normal policy run I was wondering if I could get something low cost just to cover the car whilst its off the road?

If you switch between a normal policy and a off road policy every six months, you'll get clobbered by cancellation charges on each policy and may not build up NCB as you never have a full year of insurance. I'd concentrate on getting the cheapest deal on standard insurance.

Archived