Gentian Blue

Happy Days

• 3 months later...

I think this  looks great in direct sunlight or under showroom lighting but looses all the curves/lines in dull conditions.

Sapphire or Aqua had much more life in them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Willemite said:

Looks truly gorgeous under bright showroom lights, and probably in bright sunlight but does in fact look rather dull in overcast light. It’s just a little too dark.

I can confirm this. Having seen this colour, Gentian Blue, on a 992 in the showroom, it looked stunning, so I borrowed one for the weekend with a view to buying it.

The colour looks great under electric lighting and also when clean in bright sunlight.

However after driving if and getting it dirty it looked very plain, I mean really plain! Especially under overcast skies, the metallic blue just looked really flat, a most strange phenomenum!

So much so that I returned it and bought a GT Silver one instead!

Here's some pictures, judge for yourself.

BlueBlueBlueBlue

I know she was fairly dirty, but you get the idea, she looked very plain unless she was anything less than pristine!

Not keen on that rear number plate being mounted so low down between the exhausts, nor the gaping black plastic mouth at the front either.

The 992 looks so much better with the sport dynamic kit fitted front and rear, it moves the rear number plate up and gives the front a better defined 'face'.

I know what you mean about flat, I felt the same about Guards red when looking at the 981...when dirty it just made the car look like 'Vauxhall Astra faded red'

...and to qualify that cmment I actually like Guards red...

So I chose GT Silver and to be fair with it a tad dirty on the driveway at present you could also call it flat silver too...although I think it hids it better than some of the richer colours 🙂

On 2/9/2020 at 6:42 AM, RBD914 v2 said:

However after driving if and getting it dirty it looked very plain, I mean really plain! Especially under overcast skies, the metallic blue just looked really flat, a most strange phenomenum!

Aka- Gentian Blue,  you should know these cars aren’t for driving,  polishing and gazing at in the well lit double garage maybe.  I’ve still not seen one in the flesh so will reserve full judgement (though I seem to agree with you on most things ascetically (see below) so I suspect I might agree here too)

On 2/9/2020 at 6:52 AM, RBD914 v2 said:

Not keen on that rear number plate being mounted so low down between the exhausts, nor the gaping black plastic mouth at the front either.

The 992 looks so much better with the sport dynamic kit fitted front and rear, it moves the rear number plate up and gives the front a better defined 'face'.

Absolutely!!  Makes the difference between... “Humm... not sure” to “Yes Please”   IMO. 

• 1 month later...

Archived