987 seat belt

Strosek

Drip?

Or you're incredibly involved in extreme driving and perspiring a little :-)

Lots of mention on here of damp under seat area affecting electrics under the seat, may not be only the belt, does it live outside? 

Open the roof 1/3 of the way and look behind the drivers seat under the roof cover - highly likely that the drain in the low point will be clogged.  Check the passenger side while you are there.

You should also check for damp under the seats as there are electronics (definitely passenger side but also drivers depending on options) which can be damaged.

Hope this picture helps. I had a leak here when the plastic guard had somehow misaligned. Easy fix with a bit of perseverance 

View from inside the car (driver side) the circled part had moved, or had been moved by previous owner. The carpet was never wet but after a wash where I used a lot more water than normal I ended up with a slightly wet carpet

z8V1x6N.jpg

View from rear with blue arrow pointing towards the area seen in last picture.

ADnydCd.jpg

On 10/5/2019 at 8:08 PM, Remodot said:

Hope this picture helps. I had a leak here when the plastic guard had somehow misaligned. Easy fix with a bit of perseverance 

View from inside the car (driver side) the circled part had moved, or had been moved by previous owner. The carpet was never wet but after a wash where I used a lot more water than normal I ended up with a slightly wet carpet

z8V1x6N.jpg

View from rear with blue arrow pointing towards the area seen in last picture.

ADnydCd.jpg

Thanks Remodot, adjustment seems to have done the trick. 

Archived