What have you done to your 981 today?

T24RES

I picked my roll of the 3" wide VHB up for £2 to charity - think the RRP was £170 at the time. They were just clearing out a samples cupboard and I knew what is was, they didn't.

A good IPA wipe down usually works, I also get a heat gun and lightly warm up the surfaces, but I am usually only using it for number plates and they usually require a bit of curvature   

7 minutes ago, Patt said:

I picked my roll of the 3" wide VHB up for £2 to charity - think the RRP was £170 at the time. They were just clearing out a samples cupboard and I knew what is was, they didn't.

A good IPA wipe down usually works, I also get a heat gun and lightly warm up the surfaces, but I am usually only using it for number plates and they usually require a bit of curvature   

Jammy...

I use a hairdryer to warm up the bits, don't want to melt my plastic body panel..

@andygo I understand exactly where you are coming from. I was not happy either with the amount of contact between 3M VHB and the bodywork. My solution was to remove the actual side skirt panels and secure with self tapping screws. Reversible but obviously you’d need to buy new black plastic surrounds as you’ve drilled through them using my method. I also used this method as I wanted to check the drain holes and remove the one way valves.

BB2-F469-B-C45-F-4267-95-F4-42-B394-F758

4-CC36-CF5-C59-E-46-E6-9317-1062-D7-ABBB 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

@andygo I understand exactly where you are coming from. I was not happy either with the amount of contact between 3M VHB and the bodywork. My solution was to remove the actual side skirt panels and secure with self tapping screws. Reversible but obviously you’d need to buy new black plastic surrounds as you’ve drilled through them using my method. I also used this method as I wanted to check the drain holes and remove the one way valves.

I’ll being doing the same as you 👍

My pods are at the Bodyshop currently being colour coded. I have also got new gt4 black vents which come with holes pre-drilled so I don’t damage my gloss black ones.

Edited by Raffe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

I used a couple of small cable ties on mine as I didn't want to get involved with taking the side panels off. If you peer into the scoop in bright sunlight you can just spot about 5mm of a small tie looping round where you have screwed from the inside out. I drilled from the outside in, through the scoop, the black surround and where your screw goes through the side panel.

I'll take a picture next time i'm in there.

Whilst our scoops are both  secured, it's that top horizonta; edge thats the issue. If my tape sorts it, I can send you a bit, I'll have miles of the damn stuff!  :)

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, andygo said:

I used a couple of small cable ties on mine as I didn't want to get involved with taking the side panels off. If you peer into the scoop in bright sunlight you can just spot about 5mm of a small tie looping round where you have screwed from the inside out. I drilled from the outside in, through the scoop, the black surround and where your screw goes through the side panel.

I'll take a picture next time i'm in there.

Whilst our scoops are both  secured, it's that top horizonta; edge thats the issue. If my tape sorts it, I can send you a bit, I'll have miles of the damn stuff!  :)

Got my roll of 1.5mm thick x 12mm V Happy Birthday ! tape. Think there should be enough..

IMG_2883

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, andygo said:

Got my roll of 1.5mm thick x 12mm V Happy Birthday ! tape. Think there should be enough..

IMG_2883

No idea where that 'V Happy Birthday !' came from, should have been'VHB', very strange! And you only get about a minute to edit posts anyway on BoXa, which is a shame....

Edited by andygo

5 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Yep think you just might have enough 😳😂👍

I spent £12 on this roll, 10mm x 1.1mm, £24 for the bigger roll 12mm x 1.5mm  Somebody is making a killing!

IMG_2884

Edited by andygo
  • Like 1

Fortunately worse weather today than yesterday here in MK.

Weather forecast was horrendous yesterday, definately not looking good for my day of entertainment at the Porsche Experience at Silverstone.

I had been treated to a full day of fun there by a bank I deal with. Fortunately it just sleeted all day which was good for the actual driving.

Was taken round a hilly obstacle course in a Cayenne which although impressive was not really my thing TBH.

Then had a couple of sessions in a pair of 911's which really impressed me with their traction in the sodden and flooded conditions. You really had to be careful of the torque as the turbo kicked in as they got a bit squirrely, despite the obvious grip.

Next up was a Boxster GTS which was my favourite as you could really feel it moving about, making it feel very agile. I'm sure the Cayman version would have been even better... :)

Last up was a Taycan which was fast but ungainly in the corners due to its considerable weight disadvantage.

It was odd to drive, particularly on the ice hill and kick plate as the instant torque and no engine noise made it tricky to guauge how much throttle to give it to maintain a drift.

Weird to have it in one long power slide on the lock stops from bottom to the top of the ice hill and kick plate, a distance of circa 50 yards. All you could hear was a hum from the electrics and the scrabbling of the tyres of the plastic road surfaces of both tracks. I won't be buying one.

Edited by andygo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Raffe said:

Got my Spyder ducktail and GT4 side pods back from Bodyshop 😊52736739246_40b903cbc8_k.jpg

Very nice you just need to fit them now.

I think they will look awesome on your car especially with the new lowered stance. 
Have you decided how you’re going to fit the side vents?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Patt said:

It's finally here, and I really need dry weather to test/play.

Have the PDK and engine version - lots of alternative maps for both

Cobb Accessport V3 Cradle ONLY. Compatible With All Types of - Etsy UK

Should be interesting, I’ve seen several good reviews from the states but most of them seemed to be on the 2.7 so it will be interesting to see how it does on the 3.4

My remap definitely livened mine up but they didn’t make any adjustments to the PDK.

I know the PSE exhaust sounds amazing after the remap 😂

46 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Very nice you just need to fit them now.

I think they will look awesome on your car especially with the new lowered stance. 
Have you decided how you’re going to fit the side vents?

Thank you sir 🙏

Ducktail will go on Saturday, I have bought replacement gt4 inserts so I can keep my OEM gloss black ones undamaged and will then screw the pods in place with a little double sided. I will remove the side skirts to do this as I want to check drain holes too.

@daz05 @Lonewolfgjp when you fitted your spoilers did you get the alignment in the raised or lowered position.

I’ve watched Daz YT vid and it looks like in the up position so assuming you’re adjusting/lowering/lifting/adjusting….

wondered if it would be easier to get main brackets aligned in lower position to gap the spoiler correctly as assuming the alignment is all in the bracket to risers not bracket to spoiler.