Boxster S Short-Shift

Verner

Hi Everyone,

thinking of treating myself for Christmas.

I fancy a Short-Shifter for my 2006 3.2S.

I have been recommended this:- https://www.design911.co.uk/pages/productList.aspx?search=99742498300

Has anyone any advice or recommendations, please?

Thanks in hopeful anticipation,

Verner

Check the price from your local OPC. They should give you 10% off just by asking and I think its cheaper than the price quoted on the link. I fitted one to my 987.2 and its well worth it 😉

2 hours ago, Jonttt said:

Check the price from your local OPC. They should give you 10% off just by asking and I think its cheaper than the price quoted on the link. I fitted one to my 987.2 and its well worth it 😉

Will do. Thank you.

Is it the same Part Number, do you remember?

Best wishes,

Verner

I love this line at the bottom of the description

Note: gearshift action may be slightly restricted when vehicle is started from cold

My Chinese SSK with roller bearings does it, didn't expect the genuine one to be the same.

Just now, Terryg said:

I love this line at the bottom of the description

Note: gearshift action may be slightly restricted when vehicle is started from cold

My Chinese SSK with roller bearings does it, didn't expect the genuine one to be the same.

Anything I should worry about?

Just now, Verner said:

Anything I should worry about?

It depends how you drive, personally I don't care about that, I care how good it is when the car is being driven hard and I wouldn't go back to a non short shift. Like I said I have the Chinese SSK with roller bearings from JIm04 (on here) and I have a Ben Auto Design side lever to fit when I get around to it, the latter is supposed to improve the positivity of side movement, but obviously I don't know yet. You will find some who don't like SSK they find them too notchy, but I like that in a sports car but then I use it as a sports car.

16 minutes ago, sa utah said:

It’s nothing to do with the short shift kit.  The cars are generally a little sticky into second when the gearbox fluid is cold.   Mx5 is the same.   Nothing to worry about. 

It does exacerbate it, I'm pretty sure Design911 wouldn't put it in if they didn't think so, also it is more so into first when the car is very cold.

I would not say there is much effort required with either, it just feels better, more precise and more sporty ie it should have been fitted as standard IMHO ps I’ve never driven mine below 10 degrees ambient though lol

From memory Porsche standardized this part across a wide range of cars from 9x6 to 9x7 and more I think. Just check with your OPC when you order 😉

Thanks guys for all your help. I think I will pull the trigger on this.

I appreciate all your help and advice.

Best wishes from a frosty North Yorkshire,

Verner

Archived