Boxster 987 2.5

Theo86

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay...so I never bought Clive's Anni, it was always going to be a stretch and I have my reasons why I never bought it. It is a superb car and Clive is a complete gentleman but I fear it wasn't meant to be.

So today I purchased a stunning 986 2.7 in Artic Silver from a Porsche dealer. It has had 2 owners and 54k on the clock. The bodywork is immaculate and the car is very tidy. Drove back from the Midlands so I have done 180 miles. Learnt a lot about the car, how it handles and power delivery. This one feels pretty tight for 20 years old. Love the MX5 but the poise of the boxster seems some how more complex. The noise and grip are intoxicating. Although the power isn't in the "S's" class coming from 130bhp it is enough for me for the time being. Although their is less feedback with the steering than the MX5 the whole package is definitely amazing. I think in the following year I will become completely converted to a Porsche guy. 

1 minute ago, Theo86 said:

Okay...so I never bought Clive's Anni, it was always going to be a stretch and I have my reasons why I never bought it. It is a superb car and Clive is a complete gentleman but I fear it wasn't meant to be.

So today I purchased a stunning 986 2.7 in Artic Silver from a Porsche dealer. It has had 2 owners and 54k on the clock. The bodywork is immaculate and the car is very tidy. Drove back from the Midlands so I have done 180 miles. Learnt a lot about the car, how it handles and power delivery. This one feels pretty tight for 20 years old. Love the MX5 but the poise of the boxster seems some how more complex. The noise and grip are intoxicating. Although the power isn't in the "S's" class coming from 130bhp it is enough for me for the time being. Although their is less feedback with the steering than the MX5 the whole package is definitely amazing. I think in the following year I will become completely converted to a Porsche guy. 

Congrats on the new car! However, the drill here is - pics or it didn't happen! 

On 11/30/2019 at 9:56 PM, Theo86 said:

Okay...if time tomorrow will wash and take some pictures. 😉

Okay...so car has had a proper help check yesterday at a performance garage near me and has been given a clean bill of health. Senior workshop technician test drove and then put it up on the ramps.

A few issues I will attend to, bolts on the exhaust manifold to the cat pipe are completely rotten. I also looking to replacing the n/s rear shock as of o/s has been replace recently.

Also going to order a Boxster maintenance book for some of the smaller job...

20191205_172938.thumb.jpg.a452cc03dc4eab2553eebcce45cbe792.jpg 

5 hours ago, Roger C said:

Very nice, personally I think Boxsters just look 'right' in silver, thats a beauty mate.

Thanks Roger...pretty pleased to be off the mark.

Off topic slightly on my short list was the R53...the first/last of the supercharged mini's 👍

Archived