Boxster 987 2.5

Theo86

7 minutes ago, Theo86 said:

I like the colour and wheels...did you purchase from a dealer or private owner?

Purchased privately 18months ago, the wheels are just the standard 986S 17"s (I have 2 sets, summers have been refurbed and are perfect condition - I have a slightly scabbier set shod with winter rubber too) colour is the ever common / popular Arctic Silver with black leather... like I said I looked at a lot before finding this one, spec wise the original purchaser choose some nice options, heated Sports Seats, Factory Hard Top etc.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, NicGun said:

Purchased privately 18months ago, the wheels are just the standard 986S 17"s (I have 2 sets, summers have been refurbed and are perfect condition - I have a slightly scabbier set shod with winter rubber too) colour is the ever common / popular Arctic Silver with black leather... like I said I looked at a lot before finding this one, spec wise the original purchaser choose some nice options, heated Sports Seats, Factory Hard Top etc.

Okay...but it's been nearly a week since I sold my car ... 😞

Do prices fluctuate in the spring or is there simply more choice?

5 minutes ago, Theo86 said:

Okay...but it's been nearly a week since I sold my car ... 😞

Do prices fluctuate in the spring or is there simply more choice?

Sellers are more optimistic in Spring. Yes there are more cars coming to the market but there are more buyers looking.

Okay...

Called two dealers today, eporsch and non porsche both cars sold yesterday.

Still looking at this one...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911064079394?atmobcid=soc3

I am sure I can get this for 9k is that just too much?

I have a slight dilemma as I usually go track day once or twice a year. Feel like I wouldn't want to take this in the track. My cousin has a chipped up BMW M2 and he tracks that all over Europe. His ethos is that these cars need to be stretched on the track not on public roads.

It looks nicely polished up but it's not even that low miles. In some pics it has the wind deflectors in others it doesnt. I think the rear parking sensors are aftermarket as the early cars had the wart style rear sensors. Tyres looks to be Contisport Contact 2 or 3 which are a really old tyre now. Probably bought by a previous owner as they may be N rated. 

11 minutes ago, edc said:

It looks nicely polished up but it's not even that low miles. In some pics it has the wind deflectors in others it doesnt. I think the rear parking sensors are aftermarket as the early cars had the wart style rear sensors. Tyres looks to be Contisport Contact 2 or 3 which are a really old tyre now. Probably bought by a previous owner as they may be N rated. 

The wind deflector is the glass between the seats, that's on all the pictures I think.

So you are saying in an idea world you would pay 9k for a untouched original 986S with lower miles.

31 minutes ago, Theo86 said:

Okay...

Called two dealers today, eporsch and non porsche both cars sold yesterday.

Still looking at this one...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911064079394?atmobcid=soc3

I am sure I can get this for 9k is that just too much?

I have a slight dilemma as I usually go track day once or twice a year. Feel like I wouldn't want to take this in the track. My cousin has a chipped up BMW M2 and he tracks that all over Europe. His ethos is that these cars need to be stretched on the track not on public roads.

If your budget is around £9k, could you go a little more for this?...

1 minute ago, Theo86 said:

Sorry...I can see profile says Leeds.

Let me see what I can do.

The guy that owns it is a real gent and likes to have his cars well sorted, so I don't think you'd be disappointed when you see it in the flesh. He doesn't always check his messages on here and jets around all over the place. If you're seriously interested I can try and contact him for you.

1 minute ago, Nobbie said:

The guy that owns it is a real gent and likes to have his cars well sorted, so I don't think you'd be disappointed when you see it in the flesh. He doesn't always check his messages on here and jets around all over the place. If you're seriously interested I can try and contact him for you.

Hi Nobbie,

You one of the people I can see is respected on the site 

Thank you for contacting me.

I love the car and have emailed Clive.

I am going to contact my insurance once I am back from the school fair.

If possible I might try and get there tomorrow or leave a deposit today.

In reality I was going to spent 9 tops but I love this car.

Thanks Nobbie.

6 hours ago, edc said:

I think the rear parking sensors are aftermarket as the early cars had the wart style rear sensors. 

I agree, on my screen they don't look correctly colour matched, not out by much but...

Callipers and rims look refurb'd and even the driver's seat leather looks good plus a decent overall spec. Not much to spend on it if the history stacks up, but IMHO still a bit steep even if the dealer has to make a living too. Either that or a good yardstick by which to measure the standard a car needs to be at to get that money.

33 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I agree, on my screen they don't look correctly colour matched, not out by much but...

Callipers and rims look refurb'd and even the driver's seat leather looks good plus a decent overall spec. Not much to spend on it if the history stacks up, but IMHO still a bit steep even if the dealer has to make a living too. Either that or a good yardstick by which to measure the standard a car needs to be at to get that money.

Gosh...you are eagle eyed on here...

7 hours ago, Theo86 said:

Advert says 18 and 17 inch wheels.... hmmm it has 17's. "outstanding service history" but no mention of how many, I'd imagine they are going on mileage alone which would 5-7 oil changes. That's terrible for a car that is 17 years old. The bodywork, wheels and calipers look amazing... I'd imagine that's either been a garage queen or recently had ceramic detailing. No reg, so can't check MOT (mileage) history. Mods: rear parking sensors, after market stereo (although still becker) and parrot. That is incredible money for the spec, I've actually not seen a car like that before, interesting.

Archived