Carrera wheel colours help

zagamuffin

Carrera rim colours   

8 members have voted

1. 1. What colour Silvers best ???

• Std Porsche
    • Hyper silver

Hey lads,

Im getting my BS Carrera 20"s painted before the summer.What was the original colour code and has anyone painted a different colour for comparison (pics).Hyper silver is an old fav of mine and i think would be massive on the Porsche...

12 hours ago, zagamuffin said:

Difficult I’d say as crest would need masking off , prob not the job I’d say 

If you get coloured caps, the shield will be easy to mask - or have a word with our friendly supplier on here to see if he does hyper silver ones. :)

4 minutes ago, AnthonyR said:

I just had the color changed on a set of 20" Carrera S wheels from silver to satin platinum and they also did the center caps, I was a bit nervous about the caps but they came out perfectly, really happy with the result.

What did they do, mask the motif off ??? 

4 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

heres mine

2017_05_14-IMG_8488-705x470.jpg

Looks like a hyper silver?

Hyper silver is a very fine grain/smooth silver.

It gives a very smooth/clean sort of look, it can be used over a black base coat to give the shadow chrome effect. 

The more metallic finish you are taking about is normally called coarse grain or high metallic. These come in various shades of silver and sparkle in the sunlight. I’ve seen some coarse grains on Porsche wheels but I’m not sure if this is a oem finish as german cars tend to use a medium grain or smooth on their silver wheels 👍

im going for hyper silver, is there a way of checking what you curently have, its silver, bodyshop thats painting my bumper said nearly 100% it will be hyper silver.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:19 PM, Lonewolfgjp said:

Definitely Hyper silver 😎

I would try one of the satin finish Porsche greys, the kind of thing you see on GT4 and GT3 RS 👍

i'll have alook at those finishes,  i really liek that dravit grey now but its a hard colour as it changes alot in different lights

7 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

49441524726_b219b439f7_b.jpg

Something like this 👍

yeah i like that alot.  I'll see if i can photoshop on the car or just search for a red GT3 with them but i reckon they would look spot on with the red

I can't comment on which silver as not sure.

Your car is Agate Grey isn't it @zagamuffin - how about a bit of a change? - I know not a Boxster but this combo looks awesome to me

Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 23.35.46

Seems that the official Porsche colour is called Satin Aurum if used on a 992 - this Gentian Blue one is quite stunning (very bright in this pic)

Screenshot 2020-01-26 at 23.39.36

Archived