Bosch Aerotwin retrofit wipers

edc

50 minutes ago, The Caped Crusader said:

Go to 2min 40 in the video. I'm sure I can see haze for the split second I was talking about. Main thing is, if you're happy with using ceramic coating in lieu of wipers then fair enough. Got to say, I'm just not convinced. When you have a look at the windscreen in the video when he's doing 40mph, it's simply not clear enough. It's all a bit snake oil to me. 

I recently tried Trico standard wipers on my car. Trico are an American company and they're available for less then £5 from a local motor factors near my work. Got to say, I've been well impressed. They are no different to genuine Porsche ones in terms of performance. The passenger one did have the curve as per the genuine one but I just swapped the rubber out with the old one. Takes five mins. 

well I KNOW its not snake oil from actual experience, 3 coatings (to windscreen) over 5+ years....I also KNOW its good enough you can drive down the motorway at 50 mph or more in normal rain and not really have to use wipers from actual experience and as far as sitting in stationary traffic I KNOW that its no worse than having intermittent wipers on (you may have to swipe now and again as you dont have the wind blowing the rain off BUT it is no different to not having a coating and having to do so anyway...it also allows the wipers to clear the screen far better too).

I would also unequivocally recommend the ceramic coating for body and roof too....my car looks 90% clean after a decent rain shower (it hasnt been washed since the last service/indie visit last year and half an hour of effort would have it almmost showroom gleaming again)

For further evidence of Gtechniq not being snake oil - my roof when applied

wheels after coating

static images after body coated

D8QulLB.jpg

h5aGmuZ.jpg

1eLthjw.jpg

if I hadnt made it too obvious I would absolutely endorse Gtechniq coatings ;)

8 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

well I KNOW its not snake oil from actual experience, 3 coatings (to windscreen) over 5+ years....I also KNOW its good enough you can drive down the motorway at 50 mph or more in normal rain and not really have to use wipers from actual experience and as far as sitting in stationary traffic I KNOW that its no worse than having intermittent wipers on (you may have to swipe now and again as you dont have the wind blowing the rain off BUT it is no different to not having a coating and having to do so anyway...it also allows the wipers to clear the screen far better too).

I would also unequivocally recommend the ceramic coating for body and roof too....my car looks 90% clean after a decent rain shower (it hasnt been washed since the last service/indie visit last year and half an hour of effort would have it almmost showroom gleaming again)

For further evidence of Gtechniq not being snake oil - my roof when applied

wheels after coating

static images after body coated

D8QulLB.jpg

h5aGmuZ.jpg

1eLthjw.jpg

if I hadnt made it too obvious I would absolutely endorse Gtechniq coatings ;)

How is that sponsorship deal going?😀

Archived