981 front side grills I.e zunsports

IATM

Hi all, 

having got a 2015 boxster S and reading various stories on forums how important are these. How many on this forum have them or don’t have them. 

is there any other options besides zunsports? I would prefer to have the protection grills further back just for aesthetic reasons. 

seem to come across the usual dam problem of it being ok or not ok for warranty but I will call Porsche Glasgow and confirm once I have chosen an option I like. 

any other experience people have relating to such a modification would be great to hear. 

I've got Zunsports on my 987 and very happy. Others make their own from mesh to fit behind the slats but that seems to involve removing the PU. Alternatively have seen recent recommendations for a US company - 981 details here https://www.radiatorgrillstore.com/boxster-and-cayman-981

Bought Zunsports firstly but once I saw the visual difference by fitting them from inside went down that route. First time I accessed inside from under the bottom vent and made a cardboard template. I transferred the template to Ali grill material, carefully folded it and squeezed it gently inside. Used loads of gaffa tape for protection. There is a thread on here somewhere if how to, it was  not my idea originally. Later when the front bumper was off for a respray probably to ppf being applied I took the opportunity to improve on the grill and their fixings with cable ties.

The fronts are a bit too far forward and the previous owner lost two of the bottom near side segments as they fell out so I tyrap’d them in. 

i also have the side intake grilles fitted. The advantage of the Zunsports is the ease of removal, important if you have a Porsche warranty. IMG_3198.JPGIMG_3197.JPG 

I have the fronts and OPC Newcastle didn't mention them.

The other option is to remove the front bumper and fit mesh behind. The Bumper removal is pretty straightforward there are a few good guides on tinterweb. Bit more difficult to remove quickly however !;)

I have Zunsports on my BGTS plus air intakes too There’s three radiators to protect and the front of the car is like a basking shark gathering crud as you go, so the potential to damage I’d say is very high. 

personally I wouldn’t want to drive the car without them.

Archived