Tyres

rhys57

3 minutes ago, rhys57 said:

Are they better than the goodyears then? 

Don't have any experience with Goodyears. I'm on PS2s (2006 car). I think those who have swapped to PS4s may have come from Pirelli's and on newer model. May also depend whether you want N rated.

11 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Think most people run Michelin PS2s or more recently the PS4s.

This ^

The PS4S is the newer tyre and very good, but don't dismiss the MPS2 (N2). 

I have the latter and it's excellent. Much better that the Pirelli P Zero's they replaced

1 hour ago, rhys57 said:

18 inch mate 

Could be wrong but I think ps4s are for 19s and bigger also if you’re looking for all the same might be worth putting your size in say  black circles and see what they have.Cant always get what you want unfortunately..

2 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Could be wrong but I think ps4s are for 19s and bigger also if you’re looking for all the same might be worth putting your size in say  black circles and see what they have.Cant always get what you want unfortunately..

You can get them for 18s mate

14 minutes ago, Liberty said:

My wife has them on her Suzuki vitara  🙂  17s

14 minutes ago, Southy said:

Nah bought them last week PS4's 17in black circles 215:55:17 less than £500 fittted  🙂

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/michelin/pilot-sport-4/215/55/R17/Y/98/f?tyre=37005210

Yep... 

https://michelinmedia.com/pages/blog/detail/article/c/a706/

They are the best, the PS4S, I had PS2 after Pzeros on the Cayman and they were a huge step forward, now the Model 3 comes with PS4S fitted from factory and I can say I love them, soo grippy!

You can get PS4 in the sizes 235/40/18 and 265/40/18 for a 987 - the rears have only recently been released in the UK.

A few places stock the PS4S in the size 235/40/18 but I’ve not seen it available as 265/40/18.  I plan on replacing my ageing PS2 tyres with PS4 all round.

1 minute ago, Cslwannabe said:

You can get PS4 in the sizes 235/40/18 and 265/40/18 for a 987 - the rears have only recently been released in the UK.

A few places stock the PS4S in the size 235/40/18 but I’ve not seen it available as 265/40/18.  I plan on replacing my ageing PS2 tyres with PS4 all round.

Thanks mate

PS4S is the replacement for their Super Sport - sort of. Until recently only available in 19 inch or above and none in 18 or lower. PS4 not as good as a tyre apparently so you can think as this is a replacement for the PS3 which is a more general tyre. The Super Sport was well loved but not so grippy if a bit damp and cold and I believe what made it excellent was its special carcass construction which is carried over to the PS4S. However the PS4S isn't quite as grippy at the absolute limit but does have better cold and damp grip so a better road tyre for the thinking man's road car. I did notice some places listing the 235 40 18 PS4S yesterday when pricing up some 225 40 and 265 35 for my friend's 996 on 18 so yes it seems some smaller diameter sizes now appearing but slowly. 

Archived