Another tyres question

rhys57

Hi guys I have just replaced the front tyres from goodyear to michelin pilot sport 4, now my goodyear fronts were old and needed replacing. I have 3 month old goodyears on the rear but I like to keep the same tyres all round. 

So do I buy pilot 4 for the rear aswell and sell the goodyears, will I notice a difference with michelins all round please??? 

Just now, red rocket said:

I would definitely want PS4s all round. But if the Goodyears are only 3 months old I would be tempted to see how the car handles as is, before shelling out again. 

I thought I could offset the money a little buy selling the goodyear f1s as they have only done about 400 miles? 

Second hand tyres can sell easily if they're cheap. Remember you can buy cheapo tyres for half the price or less than a Goodyear eagle so that's what most people will buy if they're not bothered about premium tyres. You'll have to deal with Ebay plums though who want everything for nothing. If it were me I'd want to at least get some use out of them because they wont be night and day different. A lot of people were recommending PS4S when you asked about tyres on your other thread when you then probably bought PS4 because I don't think PS4S is available in 265 40 18 which is your rear size.

See how it handles.

Goodyears are pretty decent tyres and I doubt you will notice any detriment to driving. 

The question really is about your OCD and keeping it in check 🙂

If it knaws away at you, then buy the MPS4's and keep the Goodyears as spares possibly? 

I have PS4S on the front and PZERO on the rear, for the same reason as you, fronts needed changing but backs were relatively new.  Handling is fine and no different to having fronts with different amount of tread to rear, and that is the case for 80% of people with a Boxster due to the rears wearing much faster. If you have premium tyres front and rear as long as you have the same tyres on a single axle you should be fine.

I wanted Michelins on the Boxster as was a big fan of them on bmws over the years, fronts needed replacing first so put michys on, then few months later rears needed - so again went to Michelins, just bide your time, it'll come good - and it IS :-)

4 minutes ago, thanatoid said:

I wanted Michelins on the Boxster as was a big fan of them on bmws over the years, fronts needed replacing first so put michys on, then few months later rears needed - so again went to Michelins, just bide your time, it'll come good - and it IS 🙂

Yeah that's what I'm Going to do mate

Archived