Anyone retrofitted PCM unit?

MAC99V

1 hour ago, Deano37 said:

@Verner, you need to purchase the Connects2 interface (CTSPO005.2) which connects in between the head unit and mfw controls.

Easy to fit and works perfectly.

Expensive?

Thanks for the advice.

🙂

Thanks Deano,

Best wishes,

11 hours ago, Deano37 said:

@Verner, from memory it was about £150 but that was because i need the extra bit to interface with the existing Bose kit.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:43 PM, Verner said:

I got a Pioneer Unit which shares all the Android Auto features (and Apple too). With the Double DIN Facia, I think it looks like it's supposed to be there. You can also change the colour of the control buttons etc. to match the Porsche Control Buttons etc.

H0TlKIL.jpg

that looks a nice job, did you fit it yourself? if so easy to do? thanks

I ha e one of those also.  The buttons are dreadful as with all pioneer units so get one of the newer touch screen ones instead.  I’ll probably swap mine in the summer as the cheap plastic buttons are really annoying me. 

Specifically chose the Pioneer 230DAB as it has physical volume controls. Our Golf has an older Pioneer unit and adjusting the volume is a pain via the on screen buttons

16 hours ago, F355GTS said:

that looks a nice job, did you fit it yourself? if so easy to do? thanks

I'm useless at stuff like that, I got it fitted by Leeds Car Audio. They did a great job.

I don't believe it was difficult at all, they installed it whilst I waited.

Best wishes,

Verner

On 3/4/2020 at 9:07 AM, Verner said:

I'm useless at stuff like that, I got it fitted by Leeds Car Audio. They did a great job.

I don't believe it was difficult at all, they installed it whilst I waited.

Best wishes,

Verner

👍

On 3/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Pinewood said:

Specifically chose the Pioneer 230DAB as it has physical volume controls. Our Golf has an older Pioneer unit and adjusting the volume is a pain via the on screen buttons

I have the connects 2 interface on my one that allows me to use the stering wheel controls for volume, changing track etc so win win!

On 3/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, Pinewood said:

Whoosh - nice to find someone who thinks the same way as I do! :) Touch screen controls are flashy and nasty to use and touch screen volume controls are truly terrible things. I've fitted a Pioneer (can't remember the model) to my 987 which I chose mainly as it has a nice big silver volume control knob in the middle of it! 

1 hour ago, Bike Loon said:

I have the connects 2 interface on my one that allows me to use the stering wheel controls for volume, changing track etc so win win!

Same here, so win win win 😊

Archived