What would you do?

MIkeyv60

My 718 is coming up to 3 years old and its very unlikely i will keep it this year, still other cars id like to own?

Is it worth having the 111 point check and the extra years warranty? I know this can be transferred to the new owner, but this is only good if going to a private buyer? If a trade sale , which i suspect it will be?  it goes with the car and if Porsche buy it they will chuck on a warranty anyway so win win for them?

Cars are a hard sell these days and people will only buy the cheapest available. I think at the higher end of the market private sales are virtually nonexistent. So I'd be keeping my money to allow me to then let the car go for as cheap as reasonably possible. 

20 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

Don't Porsche generally offer 111 check for free? Last time I had my 924 up at Porsche Leeds I booked it in for a free 111. 

No i did ask , they said they may of if i was having a service and taking out the warranty? In all with the mot , check, warranty and assistance they are asking around £1100!

8 hours ago, MIkeyv60 said:

Would you still do the 111 point check? Seems a waste of £200 as a new buyer would also have to have this done if wanted the warranty?

Does it help with you resale or PX value if trading it in?

5 hours ago, RoddyT said:

My 718S is 3 years old in April - I will be keeping it so will be asking Glasgow OPC to quote for mot , check, warranty and assistance - has anyone had a quote for less that £1,100??

Yes they quoted me over the £1100 mark , i would use my recovery i get with my insurance , the Porsche one  is quite expensive considering its the AA.

Ive decided not to go with any of it , You would think the check before the warranty runs out would be a freebie , as they said if anything wrong they can put right before it expires?

Mot at my local one for £30.

Archived