Key fob playing up

RichX

My keyfob has started to play up, difficulty in unlocking and locking car, buttons for boots work fine. Light comes on fob but doesn't do anything to car. 

The spare key doesn't work at all. 

So im guessing I need new fobs, question is where can I get a new fob from or is it a dealer thing only. It's not the casing I need replacing. 

Sounds like the micro switch inside the fob has broken on the central lock button. The same thing happened on my spare, I could still use the boot buttons. keyfobrepair.co.uk should be able to repair it, but I'd recommend sending off your inoperable one first so you can at least get in and out of your car. You pay postage both ways, if they can't repair it they will refund the repair charge. They're very quick to return fobs, I sent mine Thursday and it was returned Saturday in working order. 

It maybe worth trying the reset proceed, which is pretty epic, before sending off your inoperable fob. Sorry I don't have a link for it.

6 minutes ago, usman10316 said:

£230 isn't too bad. Some charge £300 however. 

Depends whether you need the transponder chip and/or key blade as well.  Just the head, circuit board with the buttons and battery holder should only be about £230, and about an hour to code so you can look at lots of expensive cars and accessories and have a 'free' coffee.   Mine was from Silverstone Porsche at Towcester.

My fob stopped working a long while ago. It is annoying when I need to put the shopping in the car. Having to put everything down. Open car put key in close door unlock car from the button then pull latches. Get out of car and hope no one stole my stuff before putting it in. 

Just waiting to see if the car will throw ant nasty surprises at me before I spend that as its low on my priority list but climbing up as other jobs are done. 

Archived