981 roof rubbing?

bandit_287

Hi,

I’ve just noticed In the garage my 981 has a very slight mark on the roof that looks like friction wear when it’s been raised and lowered, it’s only on the nearside and behind the window on the rear section. I’ve only had the roof down about three times since purchase due to the inclement weather of late but wondered if anybody else’s car is showing this sign of wear. I’ll try and put a pic up in the next day or so if it ever stops raining. 

Yes there's a long thread going on about this problem but it's been quite for a few month on here somewhere, someone is trying to get it sorted through the warranty not sure how far they have got.

Guvs.

Thanks Stuart, I'd forgotten it was you it's been so long now.

Guvs.

Yup me too I never drop the roof when its wet.

I believe the wear occurs when the roof is lowered and the cloth rubs against the roof mech during driving. Since I normally try and drive that way it a real ....first world problem 🙄 

3 hours ago, Toeside said:

Yup me too I never drop the roof when its wet.

I believe the wear occurs when the roof is lowered and the cloth rubs against the roof mech during driving. Since I normally try and drive that way it a real ....first world problem 🙄 

yeah mechanism rubbing and causing friction on the folded mohair roof

I was told 'they all do that sir' 

to which my repsonse was 'well thats a poor design then'

which got me nowhere

in actuality I think it affects about 50% of roofs I've seen

Archived