Headlight Fogging

Buzzfox

I wouldn't say it was the norm !! never happened on my 986 or 987, that would really bug me with my OCD, I shouldn't be saying this but "it hasn't happen to my 2012, 981 either." you watch it'll happen to me next week, if it has still got a Porsche warranty I would take it in and see about getting them changed, say it's quite dangerous as it lessens the effectiveness of the headlights in the night, can't think of many other car manufacturers that have this problem with their sealed headlight units, having said that it did happen to a Mitsubishi I had once and they got changed under warranty. 

You haven't changed the bulbs have you ? that may have something to do with the heat transfer in the unit, if not it might be worth trying a different set/type of bulb in them you never know.

Guvs.

51 minutes ago, Guvs said:

I wouldn't say it was the norm !!

I said it was a common problem on the 981, not the norm.  There are heaps of threads about it on the internet. Not just Boxster’s/Cayman’s, just about all Porsche cars in the last several years.

It’s mentioned in the owners manual (page 239).

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Seems it's just one of those things then, as you've pointed out, it's even written in the manual! 

I haven't changed any bulbs but the car is garaged and she's not a daily driver any more so I guess that might make it more prone to mist up when I do take her out and maybe that's why I haven't noticed it in previous years?

At least I know it's not an isolated issue just with my car so thanks for the info.

15 hours ago, Greenman said:

If your car is garaged and comes out into a cold environment it’s inevitable that this might happen.  It doesn’t happen to mine, but then mine isn’t garaged.

Same here 😃.

Archived