987s revolution exhaust mod

Nick C

Hi, my car was booked in at revolution in Leeds for the exhaust mod tomorrow but due to the current situation I cancelled it just to be safe, I will have it done as soon as this gets relaxed, my car is a boxster 3.2 987s, I have only found the clip on their website but only shows the car revving whilst stationary and yes I like it but can't find any where it's being driven and driven properly, does anyone have the same mod or know of any clips. 

Thanks all. 

Just sealing the garage floor at present  after years of old carpet, oil soaked and burn marks had to go!!!  Finish that today , probably look into this exhaust mod later this week, from what I can understand Carnewal does not split them in half, but opens up a cavity, anyone had one done to see if that is correct and if so post a pic?

Keeping my eye on this, I'm based near derby M1 j28 so revolution is about an hr away from me, don't mind travelling and from what I've read about them they seem to be a quality place!!

Not exactly sure what they do but they said they'd need my car for a morning. 

Cheers. 

5 hours ago, Nick C said:

Keeping my eye on this, I'm based near derby M1 j28 so revolution is about an hr away from me, don't mind travelling and from what I've read about them they seem to be a quality place!!

Not exactly sure what they do but they said they'd need my car for a morning. 

Cheers. 

If you are in Derby you could go to see Kev from DW Performance in Wellingborough, they do the Gundo Hack for about £300, I've had mine done and it's a deeper tone/rumble on tickover, absolutely no drone and sounds amazing when you give it some stick!!!

41 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Something to think about, revolution take the rear section off I think and replace any parts if needed. 

I sent them a message when I was thinking of getting the gundo hack done and they said it would be £400+vat, not sure if they also do the carnewal hack, but Kev did the gundo for about £300 if I remember right, he takes off the rear bumper and heat guards and does it in situe, maybe that's why he's a lot cheaper cos he does'nt have to take off the whole exhaust!!

(for your information, the gundo hack is the same as the Porsche sports exhaust but without the valves, pipes bypass the main exhaust boxes)

53 minutes ago, headless said:

I sent them a message when I was thinking of getting the gundo hack done and they said it would be £400+vat, not sure if they also do the carnewal hack, but Kev did the gundo for about £300 if I remember right, he takes off the rear bumper and heat guards and does it in situe, maybe that's why he's a lot cheaper cos he does'nt have to take off the whole exhaust!!

(for your information, the gundo hack is the same as the Porsche sports exhaust but without the valves, pipes bypass the main exhaust boxes)

Any pics, I thought the gundo hack was what’s done on a 986 by punching a few holes in?

Just now, bally4563 said:

Any pics, I thought the gundo hack was what’s done on a 986 by punching a few holes in?

987 is different, the pipes go from before the main boxes to after the boxes just before the tailpipes exit the body, no pics, forgot to take any when it was up on the ramp, haha!!!

1 minute ago, Nick C said:

Thanks headless, I have just watched that clip on YouTube, I'm not after Mega loud I just want a bit more of that sweet exhaust note. 

The gundo is perfect then, does'nt sound chavvy, haha, it's no louder, just deeper until you want it to, then sounds brilliant when over 4000 revs, I want to do a driving vid where I attach a go pro to the back of the car pointing at the exhaust to see how it sounds when driving, but will wait till this "thing" all blows over!!

Yeah that sounds the same as the revolution mod, yeah I want to hear them being driven past 4-5k cause that's when these engines sound awesome!!

They sound good whilst being revved but under load is what I want to hear. 

Archived