New wheel or retrim?

Christopher2110

Here’s mine.  Completed by Royals.  They used their own wheel and supplied for £315 with £100 refundable when I sent them mine.  This meant the car remained usable.  I waited about 2 weeks from order to delivery and it took about 30 minutes to remove the old wheel, strip the control, add to the new wheel and fit to the car.

i kept the design basic, just went for a thicker rim and thumb grips.  As it’s stone grey Jack can’t get perforated leather which is a shame.

i absolutely love it - it is like driving a new car.
Clzmgb2.jpg?1

55 minutes ago, jnwright71 said:

As it’s stone grey Jack can’t get perforated leather which is a shame.

Yes, I had the problem so haven't had my wheel done. I'm surprised his supplier can't do it or even contract it out.  Having worked for a tannery for 38 years myself I am tempted to ask him to send me some leather and I'll get it perforated and send it back to him to do the wheel.

2 hours ago, red rocket said:

Yes, I had the problem so haven't had my wheel done. I'm surprised his supplier can't do it or even contract it out.  Having worked for a tannery for 38 years myself I am tempted to ask him to send me some leather and I'll get it perforated and send it back to him to do the wheel.

I'm sure he would be happy to do that Peter, he was very helpful when I got my wheel done a few years back...

I'd like to get my wheel done

As I have "huge" XXXL hands the standard wheel feels a bit "thin"

After lockdown I might get it reworked;)

my wife is "petite " so has no problems with the standard wheel 

20180905_135945.jpg20180905_140044.jpg

Just re-checked my invoice.  I actually paid £195 for the new wheel, £9.99 for delivery and £150 refundable surcharge that I’ll get back when Jack receives my original wheel.  Great value.

• 2 weeks later...

Wheel came back from Royal today. Very chuffed, they've done a top job!

Dark grey alcantara, red centre stripe and dark grey stitching. Also asked them to make it slightly thicker but on the inside so as not to increase the diameter of the wheel. Looks and feels great.

The colour is much closer to the airbag colour as it appears in the photo too :thumbsup_still:

sqgdK4jl.jpg 0S9q5nml.jpg

Archived