Headlight bulbs LED / Halogen / Hid conversion

V6reu

1 hour ago, V6reu said:

They are what I decided to go with ordered them yesterday found a site call powerbulbs.com got 20%off everything at the moment so only cost £116 

They are a good supplier often has discounts. You won't regret the choice. 

I have a set of genuine litronics, which have also had the main beam upgraded to Xenon with its own balast, that I was thinking of putting up for sale soon...

Please pm if you’re interested...

2 hours ago, mazza said:

also had the main beam upgraded to Xenon

HIDs in a reflector housing? Have a bronze medal 🥉

Not my doing, was actually thinking to swap them back to standard, but might be of interest to someone as they are, previous owner clearly went to great lengths to get the brightest lights!! 
Even put leds for sidelights!

Or, buy some projectors on Ebay for £45, some HID's for about the same, split the headlights and install projector lenses yourself.

It's daunting, and you need to use a dremel to flatten the back of the hole where the bulb used to sit (as there's a big nut being screwed against it to keep the projector in) but in all honestly it's not all difficult. Opening the headlights is the hardest as you need to make sure you're heating it up evenly around the edges.

I've done about 3 sets now and all were fine. Just take your time and look at guides.

The result:

Hm8ne3Eh.jpg

Aur2Ld4h.png

Rly2fMOh.jpg

Hello

They do look good.  I have done some modding of some of the lights on my 993, so are no stranger to ovens and prizing lights apart. The 986 style ones look very fragile though.

Can you link to the projectors you bought off of ebay please? I like the DRL's also. 

Do you have a shot of the car front on with them?

Many thanks

Berni

Archived