Headlight bulbs LED / Halogen / Hid conversion

V6reu

I have fitted  bright H7 halogen bulbs  but they are still not great and wanted something with a Whiter light , the lenses are in excellent condition and not discoloured inside, spent a long time looking at the options but wanted some advice from anyone who has fitted and tested something that is a good option 

The simplest solution would be to procure a pair of litronics, and fit in conjunction with a pair of decent D2S bulbs.

Litronics certainly benefit even from fresh standard bulbs and are a decent step up on the standard H7 units for dipped beam, you are still on H7 main beams with Litronics, so don't expect too much.

58 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

The simplest solution would be to procure a pair of litronics, and fit in conjunction with a pair of decent D2S bulbs.

Do you mean split the lights and fit projector lenses ? 

Looked at a secondhand pair of genuine litronic headlights but they are £700 , more than I wanted to spend for used parts 

3 minutes ago, V6reu said:

Is the light output brighter? 
is there a brand you recommend?

cheers

Yeah, they are a bit brighter then halogen. 

These give a good light output for the money

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOVSIGHT-DOT-H1-H4-H7-H11-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-50W-10000LM-6500K-White-High-Power/153688165242?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item23c8874b7a:m:mTFKVkTNAHZO_1DMP7q5khQ

26 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

Have you used theses ? 
cheers

8 minutes ago, Terryg said:

If you asked @K.I.T.T. what tyres he recommends he would say Litronics😃

Only N-rated Litronics. Remember - they are the only four points  of contact between your car and the road.

4 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Only N-rated Litronics. Remember - they are the only four points  of contact between your car and the road.

Very true Ash.

13 minutes ago, V6reu said:

They are very good.... yes, ive tried these in the box as well :)

12 minutes ago, PaulQ said:

They are very good.... yes, ive tried these in the box as well :)

They all seam to be saying to only use in projector headlights , did the have a correct pattern when you used them ? 

Just now, V6reu said:

They all seam to be saying to only use in projector headlights , did the have a correct pattern when you used them ? 

They work just fine in reflectors (I've tried a few different types on my car) provided you buy decent ones and set them up properly. 

The beam pattern isn't that much dfferent from halogen tbh and will pass an mot no problem. 

They are all technically illegal though  :)

16 hours ago, V6reu said:

I use these on reflectors work really well. You must take care ensuring they are correctly lined up though.  Bright white light. Expensive but worth it. 

Beware there are a lot of fakes floating about so, ensure you buy from a reputable supplier. 

14 minutes ago, mike597 said:

I use these on reflectors work really well. You must take care ensuring they are correctly lined up though.  Bright white light. Expensive but worth it. 

Beware there are a lot of fakes floating about so, ensure you buy from a reputable supplier. 

They are what I decided to go with ordered them yesterday found a site call powerbulbs.com got 20%off everything at the moment so only cost £116 

Archived