H&R M030 springs on the 987

Lennym1984

Obviously there was never an actual M030 setup for the 987 but has anybody fitted these? If so what are your impressions? I'm planning my 2021 suspension rebuild for the Cayman and am bored enough to start doing early research

I have done three 987 and fitted the H&R 10 mm, gives a much better stance and a slightly firmer ride 10 mm = 25 mm drop, the 987 always look too high the 10 mm springs are perfect in my opinion .

Is the ride quality worse with these or are they just a little stiffer than standard? How do they compare to the PASM setup (if you know)?

I am trying to walk the fine line between track capable (I do 5-6 track days per year...usually) and road useable. I'd love to go down the coilover route but I think I'll end up sacrificing the 90% of time it spends on cr*p b-roads for the 10% of time it spends on a smooth track.

1 hour ago, bally4563 said:

I have done three 987 and fitted the H&R 10 mm, gives a much better stance and a slightly firmer ride 10 mm = 25 mm drop, the 987 always look too high the 10 mm springs are perfect in my opinion .

I've fancied this idea for a while, having seen you mention it several times. Is there any need to change to different shocks at the same time? 

53 minutes ago, red rocket said:

I've fancied this idea for a while, having seen you mention it several times. Is there any need to change to different shocks at the same time? 

I was planning on pairing these with Bilstein B6 but I assume that they will be fine with the stock dampers.

2 hours ago, red rocket said:

I’ve used the same shocks every time as they were still very serviceable 

3 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Nice car by the way. The tan interior works really well with black IMHO

Thanks it was a dog that I have returned back from the grave!!

No ride is nothing like PASM in sport mode, which you can’t use on public roads, you would have no fillings!! Just a little firmer than standard

If the cars on its original dampers you should really change those whilst you’re at it.  By the time you’ve stripped it down it seems almost criminal to not do the dampers, top mounts and other bits.  Did mine with new B6 dampers when I was refreshing the suspension and it’s got its proper feel back.  Was tired before. Well worth doing.  

Archived