Front discs spraying

Theo86

Hiya,

Going to spray the hats of my new front discs. Which of the two options is right? Does spraying the whole disc cause any issues.

Option one...full disc

Option two...hat only

It probably won't make any difference really, but I'd mask off the braking surface as it'll only take 5 minutes and avoids any issues later.  I used etch primer and then high temperature paint on the discs of one of my other cars and it's stood up very well.  Still looks like new.

Just had new discs fitted to the Jag, they came with the whole disc painted, it still stopped. No idea if there is anything special about the paint.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:54 AM, Terryg said:

Just had new discs fitted to the Jag, they came with the whole disc painted, it still stopped. No idea if there is anything special about the paint.

I'd imagine the paint would not have too much of an effect and should wear off quickly. 

That said any substance not supposed to be on your discs is probably not a good thing 

Okay all...thanks for the replies..car new discs fitted with sprayed hats. Calipers and pads also refitted. Tapped a problematic caliper housing, just waiting for the T55 socket to arrive and hopefully the bolt will tightly 🤞

19 hours ago, Cheddar Bob said:

I'd imagine the paint would not have too much of an effect and should wear off quickly. 

That said any substance not supposed to be on your discs is probably not a good thing 

It came off the disc surface during first drive and I was warned (as per usual) that with new discs and pads I needed to go easy

Archived