Rear control arm replacements

03slatt

11 minutes ago, EVO Chris said:

Going to be changing my springs soon, what springs did you fit and did you need to disconnect the drive shaft at the gearbox end? 

I got my springs from auto doc identical to the ones that came out, yes you have to disconnect the drive shaft at the gearbox end, make sure you have long extension bars and it's an easy job even easier with an impact wrench! 

Go with H&R 10 mm and I think it's easier to disconnect  at the drive shaft, get some long extensions and 8mm hex socket so you can work outboard, difficult from underneath to get enough force on, too many things in the way

Thanks Gents,

I bought a set of H&R 10mm lower springs for the car in January and not got round to fitting as enjoying the summer weather too much to consider the strip down, gathering as much info as possible before I attempt in September when the car is off the road for the winter. Also finding a decent GEO company near me has been challenging, local garage has a hunter system but the software is for standard set up only and not sure that should be applied to a slightly lowered car? Thoughts on that?

I've just brought the h&r 10mm springs from eurocarparts just waiting for delivery, I'll be fitting them next week hopefully, not a hard job from what info I've gathered, looking forward to fitting them, absolutely love the car but never been happy with the large wheel gap and I don't want the slammed look just something subtle, these should do the trick just right i think!!!!

Archived